BoatBanter.com

-   -   Better *Defensive* Handgun (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/64002-re-better-%2Adefensive%2A-handgun.html)

Lord Reginald Smithers December 11th 05 05:20 PM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

Harry,

On a serious note, you were the person who made 1000's of post highlighting
the fact that anyone who used a handgun or shotgun for protection was an
idiot. You quoted statistics to show they had a substantially greater
chance of being killed by their own gun than protecting themselves from a
burglar. You made disparaging remarks about those who owned handguns or
endorsed private ownership of guns.

It is funny that you now make disparaging remarks about those who do not own
guns.

Do you see why anyone would be very foolish to think your position on
anything, really matters?

"Lord Reginald Smithers" The fastest and most accurate Gun in the World
wrote in message news:...
Harry,
Nah I really don't, but I do have a strong double bolt on my door leading
up from the basement. The double bolt is long enough to slide into the
2x4 frame.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Lord Reginald Smithers" The fastest and most accurate Gun in the
World wrote in message ...
Doug,
My post was made in jest. I don't own a gun and don't plan on buying
one.

Maybe I should just buy a laser light and attach it to a broom handle.
Opps correction, make that a tactical light attached to a broom handle.

I like the idea of fortified basement windows, which, according to the
police, is the preferred entry point for the vast majority of intruders.
I also have deadbolts on the basement door, although they're not
laser-assisted.

I'm betting Smithers already has a laser light on a broomstick.

--
I'm proud of my country, but appalled by my government.

Don White December 11th 05 10:53 PM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Harry,

On a serious note, you were the person who made 1000's of post highlighting
the fact that anyone who used a handgun or shotgun for protection was an
idiot. You quoted statistics to show they had a substantially greater
chance of being killed by their own gun than protecting themselves from a
burglar. You made disparaging remarks about those who owned handguns or
endorsed private ownership of guns.

It is funny that you now make disparaging remarks about those who do not own
guns.

Do you see why anyone would be very foolish to think your position on
anything, really matters?

Don't forget...he had a deranged poster here who continually threatened
to come to Harry's house and confront him...all the while being
facilitated by at least one other poster in this newsgroup.
That would be enough to make any sane person think about self defense.

JimH December 11th 05 11:07 PM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

Kevin/altman/basskisser and his pencil neck threats don't bother you Don?

Don White December 11th 05 11:12 PM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

If you encouraged him...alt-man2 might go a few rounds with you....
but that other character was unbalanced. He was much more sinister than
someone challenging you to fisticuffs.

Lord Reginald Smithers December 11th 05 11:41 PM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

Don,
Then isn't it wise that guns should not be outlawed? I for one, really
don't care one way or the other, but if I took a loud and vocal stand, I
doubt I would change it because of one idle threat from someone on
rec.boats.

Lord Reginald Smithers December 12th 05 12:34 AM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

Harry,
I really don't care if I "engage you" or not. It really doesn't matter.

"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

Smithers is soooo desperate to "engage me," he's drooling on his bib.
I'd bet that 90% of his posts here are about me.
What an obsessed turd he is.

--
GOP healthy forest: No tree left behind.

P Fritz December 12th 05 01:10 AM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

Fits harry to a tee..............

Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder
(cautionary statement)

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for
admiration, and lack of
empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts,
as indicated by five (or
more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements
and talents, expects to
be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance,
beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be
understood by, or should
associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of
especially favorable treatment or
automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to
achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings
and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or
her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Wayne.B December 12th 05 01:15 AM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:34:19 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" The
fastest and most accurate Gun in the World wrote:

Harry,
I really don't care if I "engage you" or not.

===================================

If you change your mind, please be sure to invite all of us to the
party.

Hopefully there will be no offspring fron this union.

John H. December 12th 05 11:05 AM

Better *Defensive* Handgun

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:18:58 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:34:19 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" The
fastest and most accurate Gun in the World wrote:

Harry,
I really don't care if I "engage you" or not.

===================================

If you change your mind, please be sure to invite all of us to the
party.

Hopefully there will be no offspring fron this union.

You have to wonder about Smithers. If he posts 20 times a day here,
typically 15 of those posts are either about me or aimed in my direction
to see if he can provoke some sort of direct response. Yet, no matter
what he does or says, he gets no response.

He's more than a tad obsessed with me, I suppose. Does that make him the
"Son of Tuuk"?

Was not this post of yours written in response to Reggie?
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular,
and your New Year even Better!