Lord Reginald Smithers

Default RFC == ASCII Art. Life or death?

it is and has always been prefect on my Outlook Express.

I have it set on Fixed Courier.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
I've finally narrowed down what is happening with ASCII Art vs. modern
newsreaders. They are using variable pitch fonts. I've had a sport
fishing ASCII art picture in my sig for a while. Initially it
displayed wrong and I diddled around with it only to find that I
ruined the picture for some and corrected it for others. If you are
running Agent you can see this first hand by clicking "View" and
toggling between "Use Fixed Font" and "Use Variable Font." Not sure
how to do this on other newsreaders.

How many people see this boat correctly?

Should this be the end of ASCII Art or does it make sense to view your
USENET postings in Fixed Font (assuming that is an option).

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Wayne.B

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:04:00 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

Here is an unadulterated bit of seasonal ASCII Art.... I'm betting it
looks like crap... for anybody that isn't using *true* fixed font.

===========================

Gene, truth is that ASCII art doesn't look all that good even when
it's perfect. :-)

I see your boat just fine but have trouble making out the Grady-White
logo.

Lord Reginald Smithers

This looks like crap.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:58:08 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" Ask me
about my driveway leading up to my manor. wrote:

it is and has always been prefect on my Outlook Express.

I have it set on Fixed Courier.

Trouble is.... it *shouldn't* look right, because I have added many
spaces to get it to appear correctly in variable font.

Here is an unadulterated bit of seasonal ASCII Art.... I'm betting it
looks like crap... for anybody that isn't using *true* fixed font.
__

To You and Yours we wish to extend a hearty Yuletide Greeting.
_...._
.::::::.
.:::'''':.
:_ _:::