*JimH*

Default Taliban downs two US choppers

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Taliban down 2 Yank choppers

WASHINGTON - Afghan insurgents downed two U.S. military choppers on
Sunday, bringing the year's total to four, in what experts call the
"Iraqization" of an escalating war with Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

"Initial indications reveal that enemy fire caused two CH-47 Chinook
helicopters involved in offensive operations in southern Afghanistan to
make hard landings Sunday," military commanders said in a statement
yesterday.

One chopper forced down near Kandahar resulted in five injured U.S.
troops. The second was hit about 50 miles north at Tarin Kowt, but limped
to a base. Both choppers were flying over Taliban strongholds where
fighting has raged this year.

The shootdowns alarm Afghan analysts, who also are worried by an increase
in roadside and suicide bombings this year, which have dwarfed 2004's
total.

"You are seeing the tactics from Iraq being transferred to Afghanistan,"
said ex-Defense Intelligence Agency analyst Julie Sirrs. "The \[enemy\]
has had a resurgence this year."

James Gordon Meek
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_r...p-316464c.html

Yep...we're training 'em in Iraq and they're putting their skills to work
against us elsewhere.

Yep. No reported casualties.

But how about these reports that you did not report Harry:

http://tinyurl.com/9hqzf

http://tinyurl.com/dv7u4

http://tinyurl.com/9sol3

http://tinyurl.com/7jw8j

http://tinyurl.com/audyv

http://tinyurl.com/dxmtl

http://tinyurl.com/ckfjj

http://tinyurl.com/cpg2u

(I think I made my point.)

Oh my! How the bad news is advertised but the good news
suppressed.........including folks like Krause. ;-)

NOYB

" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

Harry has his websearch engine set to "Advanced: Doom and Gloom search
only".

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

I agree. It was indeed a very clever remark.

Good morning Kevin.

Lord Reginald Smithers

NOYB,
Most people would view Harry's cut and paste as "Doom and Gloom". Harry
views his posts as "Jumping with Glee". Harry has stated anything bad for
Bush is Good for America, and that makes him happy, so when he posts his
negative articles, including the death toll on US armed forces, he really is
Jumping with Glee.

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

Harry,
This terrorist attack was on the Iraqi's citizens. It will continue as long
until the terrorist are captured, even if the US troops leave.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...
" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

This is funny, too, right?

Suicide Bombing in Iraq Kills 30
Suicide Attack on Bus to Shiite Town Kills at Least 30 People and Wounds
Nearly 40
The Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide bomber detonated an explosive belt in a bus as
it was about to depart Baghdad Thursday for a Shiite city in the south,
killing up to 30 people and wounding nearly 40, police and hospital
officials said.

Most of the dead were in the bus, which was gutted by flames, and the rest
were gathered around a food stall nearby, police said. The Kindi hospital
said at least 37 were injured.

The blast occurred a week before national elections, and officials had
warned of a surge in violence ahead of the balloting. Several other
explosions rumbled through the heart of the capital Thursday morning.

Witnesses told police that the attacker left a car, boarded the bus and
blew himself up as it was about to leave for Nasiriyah, 200 miles
southeast of Baghdad, police Lt. Ali Mitaab said.

Fire swept through the bus following the blast, trapping passengers. Their
charred corpses remained in their seats, their faces starring out through
the shattered windows. Police climbed over the top of the vehicle
inspecting what remained of luggage.

The attack occurred at the major bus station for vehicles headed to the
mostly Shiite areas of the south.

In August the station was the scene of a horrific triple car bombing which
killed at least 43 people and wounded 89.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright © 2005 ABC News Internet Ventures

Doug Kanter

" *JimH*" wrote in message

Yep. No reported casualties.

But how about these reports that you did not report Harry:

http://tinyurl.com/cpg2u

(I think I made my point.)

Busy here, so I just picked one story (the last one in your list). I'm
curious: Which word in the story is the one you focused on? It's clear from
your delight that you didn't notice anything except "102".

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Suicide Bombing in Iraq Kills 30
Suicide Attack on Bus to Shiite Town Kills at Least 30 People and Wounds
Nearly 40
The Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide bomber detonated an explosive belt in a bus as
it was about to depart Baghdad Thursday for a Shiite city in the south,
killing up to 30 people and wounding nearly 40, police and hospital
officials said.

Insurgents again, eh? They targeted civilians on a bus, and killed them
with a suicide bomber. No Americans were killed.

This isn't the act of insurgents. This is the act of foreign-born
terrorists hellbent on seeing that Iraq doesn't turn into a stable
democracy.

Stories like this one only strengthens Bush's argument that Iraq is the
frontline in the war on terror...and that we should never leave until the
violence stops.