Default OT JimH, Here's some computer deals for you

http://tinyurl.com/8znzz

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://tinyurl.com/8znzz

Is that the rig you have Kevin? I now understand why you can't post here
from home during the weekends or evenings.

I can get you a nice 386 when you are ready to upgrade.

*JimH*

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/8znzz

Wow...a Trash-80...a step up for the Hert family!

--

Hey, watch it! ;-)

I never had one of those babies. What sort of things were they capable of
doing?

JamesgangNC

I worked on the business version of these back then for a while. I believe
it was a model III It had a 4 bay set of 8" floppy drives. Those were some
big floppies :-)

" *JimH*" wrote in message
. ..

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/8znzz

Wow...a Trash-80...a step up for the Hert family!

--

Hey, watch it! ;-)

I never had one of those babies. What sort of things were they capable of
doing?

Bill McKee

" *JimH*" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://tinyurl.com/8znzz

Is that the rig you have Kevin? I now understand why you can't post here
from home during the weekends or evenings.

I can get you a nice 386 when you are ready to upgrade.

Actually Tandy had a dandy in the 6000 system. Was the first 68K based
system and ran SCO Linux. We used it for development of a disk subsystem
for the DEC Vax systems. If IBM had not wanted to cripple the performance
of the PC, they would have used the Mote 68K instead of the crap Intel
processor. 23 bit addressing and no segmentation registers.