Sir Rodney Smithers

Default Abuses as bad as under dictator, claims Allawi

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Annoy Conservatives: Share!

Harry,

This pretty much sums up your attitude towards politics and all inter
personal relationships. You really don't want to make any changes in the
world or US politics, you want to annoy Conservatives.

If everyone in the US agreed with your political agenda, you would change
your politics just so you could annoy as many people as possible.

Doug Kanter

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
. ..

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Annoy Conservatives: Share!

Harry,

This pretty much sums up your attitude towards politics and all inter
personal relationships. You really don't want to make any changes in the
world or US politics, you want to annoy Conservatives.

If everyone in the US agreed with your political agenda, you would change
your politics just so you could annoy as many people as possible.

Perhaps you view the world through rose colored glasses. The line "Meet the
new boss - same as the old boss" is often true, especially when the new
boss' motives are the same as before, with a little window dressing.

Sir Rodney Smithers

Doug,
At times I do look at the world through slightly tinted rose colored
glasses. ; )

I do agree that all politicos are crooks, but there is a world of difference
between Bush and Kerry. I for one would prefer a moderate Republican or
Democrat over the two extremes we had to chose from in the last election.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
. ..

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Annoy Conservatives: Share!

Harry,

This pretty much sums up your attitude towards politics and all inter
personal relationships. You really don't want to make any changes in the
world or US politics, you want to annoy Conservatives.

If everyone in the US agreed with your political agenda, you would change
your politics just so you could annoy as many people as possible.

Perhaps you view the world through rose colored glasses. The line "Meet
the new boss - same as the old boss" is often true, especially when the
new boss' motives are the same as before, with a little window dressing.

Doug Kanter

Kerry doesn't enter into this issue at the moment. The issue is this: There
are people who actually understand Middle East culture and politics. These
people are not radicals or politicos. They are native scholars of the exact
same type that our government sometime consults with here. But, they're from
universities and think tanks in places like Egypt, and our government places
no value on what they say. What do they say? The Middle East is what it is,
and no amount of force can change that. Only time will bring it around to
the picture Bush has in his delapidated brain. Trying to accelerate it is as
absurd as if Turkey, in 1875, decided we were mistreating Native Americans
and tried to invade and change the situation. That would not have changed
our way of thinking.

In Iraq, we are in effect taking a can of peas, slapping a label on it that
says "chicken soup", and wondering why the can still contains peas.

[...]

DSK

"Sir Rodney Smithers" wrote
I do agree that all politicos are crooks, but there is a world of
difference between Bush and Kerry.

Boy is there ever. Even the most whacked-out Nader
enthusiast could not pretend that there was no difference
between Bush & Kerry, although some of the Baradnick people
tried... or at least, they said they believed it....

... I for one would prefer a moderate
Republican or Democrat over the two extremes we had to chose from in the
last election.

If you tink Kerry is "extreme" then you are guilty of
believing the Bush-Cheney spinmeisters instead of your own
two eyes... maybe because your eyes were shut tight...

Doug Kanter wrote:
Kerry doesn't enter into this issue at the moment.

Of course he does. All the Bush-Cheney Cheerleaders have to
offer is a continual chorus of "Clinton was worse! Kerry
would have been worse! Sqwaa-aark! Polly wanna cracker!"

.....The Middle East is what it is,
and no amount of force can change that.

That's not true. The Middle East *will* change if we apply
enough force at the right places. Say for example we nuke
the place. That would certainly bring about a very large
change.

A slightly less extreme alternative would be to kill 30% of
the male population of one or two given countries... that
would render it far more difficult... maybe impossible...
for them to wage any kind of war. And it would certainly
alter the politics of the region quite drastically.

In Iraq, we are in effect taking a can of peas, slapping a label on it that
says "chicken soup", and wondering why the can still contains peas.

I like that analogy. Mind if I use it too?

Thanks
DSK

Doug Kanter

"DSK" wrote in message

[...]