DownTime

Default So, Did Anyone Else Go Boating on Thanksgiving?

We just got back from a much anticipated long weekend away. The weather
has been awesome, caught some fish, and went kayaking. Will probably
make the reservations for next year and start planning and dreaming.

Hope all fellow boaters did or at least considered the same.
P. Fritz

"DownTime" wrote in message
. ..
We just got back from a much anticipated long weekend away. The weather
has been awesome, caught some fish, and went kayaking. Will probably
make the reservations for next year and start planning and dreaming.

Hope all fellow boaters did or at least considered the same.

Drove by the marina on Fri., it was skimmed with ice already......and
there were still a couple of boats in the water.

Sir Rodney Smithers

I spent 3 hours on Thanksgiving Day, cleaning up the inside of my boat. I
removed all items I had in the storage areas under the seats and V-Berth. I
wiped the carpet with Lysol Concentrated Cleaner to stop any mildew from
growing. I sprayed the mouse fur headliner and the carpeting with the Lysol
cleaner, I left the storage areas open and all the hatches and door open for
the day to make sure it dried out. I cleaned the fridge with Baking Soda,
and let the door open. I disassembled the head pump to make sure there was
not any water still in the pump. I left it open for the winter. I will
lube and reassemble next spring.

The following day, I went back, made sure the carpet was dry and locked the
hatch and door.

Not as good as going boating, but it did get me away from my young nephews
for a few hours.

"DownTime" wrote in message
. ..
We just got back from a much anticipated long weekend away. The weather
has been awesome, caught some fish, and went kayaking. Will probably make
the reservations for next year and start planning and dreaming.

Hope all fellow boaters did or at least considered the same.

Sir Rodney Smithers

JimH,

I enjoyed the break from my brother in laws, two loud kids, one with special
needs (Prader Willi http://www.pwsausa.org/ ). I had been up since 6:30
helping my mother in law cook. She actually made my coffee, while I did the
cooking. She had done her part the day before. We ate Thanksgiving Dinner
at 12:00, sat around and chatted, and when it started to get hectic, I used
my boat as an excuse to get away by myself. I am glad my wife and mother
in law are completely understanding. My mother in law told me later, she
wished she could have come with me. That might be why I think both of them
are great.

" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

Don White

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
JimH,

I enjoyed the break from my brother in laws, two loud kids, one with special
needs (Prader Willi http://www.pwsausa.org/ ). I had been up since 6:30
helping my mother in law cook. She actually made my coffee, while I did the
cooking. She had done her part the day before. We ate Thanksgiving Dinner
at 12:00, sat around and chatted, and when it started to get hectic, I used
my boat as an excuse to get away by myself. I am glad my wife and mother
in law are completely understanding. My mother in law told me later, she
wished she could have come with me. That might be why I think both of them
are great.

Well Mr. Smithers...welcome to the Brotherhood of the Great Unwashed who
have been on the receiving end of the Rev's sermons.
Will this cause you to reflect and change your life?
*JimH*

"Don White" wrote in message
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
JimH,

I enjoyed the break from my brother in laws, two loud kids, one with
special needs (Prader Willi http://www.pwsausa.org/ ). I had been up
since 6:30 helping my mother in law cook. She actually made my coffee,
while I did the cooking. She had done her part the day before. We ate
Thanksgiving Dinner at 12:00, sat around and chatted, and when it
started to get hectic, I used my boat as an excuse to get away by myself.
I am glad my wife and mother in law are completely understanding. My
mother in law told me later, she wished she could have come with me.
That might be why I think both of them are great.

Well Mr. Smithers...welcome to the Brotherhood of the Great Unwashed who
have been on the receiving end of the Rev's sermons.
Will this cause you to reflect and change your life?

Donny Milquetoast White, the newest member of the "Obsessed with JimH" club.
How cute.

Wayne.B

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:21:20 GMT, DownTime
wrote:

We just got back from a much anticipated long weekend away. The weather
has been awesome, caught some fish, and went kayaking. Will probably
make the reservations for next year and start planning and dreaming.

Hope all fellow boaters did or at least considered the same.

I assume you fished Redfish Pass?

We spent Friday night anchored south of Pine Island, and on to Pelican
Bay on the north end of Cayo Costa first thing on Saturday morning.
Walked the beach and did some shell collecting with the admiral,
enjoyed the sunset from the boat, and back to Cape Coral today.
Saturday was absolutely perfect weather with temps in the low 80s and
not a cloud in the sky. The beach at Cayo Costa was more crowded than
normal however, maybe 40 or 50 people spread over 2 miles or so.
Usually we have it almost to ourselves.

We were mildly surprised by the number of boats out cruising this
weekend. Pelican Bay was as busy as we've ever seen it, with maybe 30
boats there on Saturday night.

Don White

*JimH* wrote:

Donny Milquetoast White, the newest member of the "Obsessed with JimH" club.
How cute.

Getting any new converts now that the Christmas season has started?
So many sinners needing a good preaching!