John H.

Default Best Black Friday Buy

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:31:03 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
t...

I do have a Winchester 1300 pump with a short barrel
and pistol grip and there is no doubt in your mind when you've fired
it, especially with 3" shells, but I would never take it to a skeet
range.

The shotgun I have has, engraved in the barrel, "Winchester 1300, 20 ga. 2k
& 3'."

What does that mean? I've never fired it. Is it going to dislocate my
shoulder if I do?

Eisboch

No. Just hold it tightly against your shoulder, as you should any rifle or
shotgun. A 20 gauge is on the smaller end of the shotgun calibre.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]
*JimH*

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
" *JimH*" wrote in message
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
As it turns out, my ordinary desktop compute tests faster than Jim's
hotshot computers.
Yep. You have a fast one.

Harry, tell me again about your senior ad executive job in 1976 when you
made $205,000/year.

Oh, for gripes sake. Harry reported 1976 income of 90K included an
inflation adjustment to 2005 numbers.

Forgetaboutit.

Eisboch

An adjustment Hertvik keeps adding, by the way. And he keeps forgetting it
wasn't a salary. It consisted of a modest salary and a substantial
commission.

The spin is different every time you respond Harry. Now it was not a
salary but a salary plus substantial commission.

Way to go. I am proud that you made that kind of dough in 1976. You are
'da man.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
I do have a Winchester 1300 pump with a short barrel
and pistol grip and there is no doubt in your mind when you've fired
it, especially with 3" shells, but I would never take it to a skeet
range.

The shotgun I have has, engraved in the barrel, "Winchester 1300, 20 ga.
2k & 3'."

What does that mean? I've never fired it. Is it going to dislocate my
shoulder if I do?

Eisboch

The 1300 is a fairly popular pump action shotgun. Unlikely a 20 gauge is
going to bruise you. I'd guess the "3" refers to 3-inch shells. Look
closer at the engravings.

You're right. With the reading glasses on, it says, "2-1/4" and 3". So, I
assume these are the shells it takes. When I bought it, the salesman sold
me a box of 3" "game shot" shells that, according to him, would not let me
miss a defenseless rattler.

So, where do the bullets go in the gun?

Eisboch

Lord Reginald Smithers

Harry,
I normally don't talk about money, but since this has gone on for so long I
guess it is ok. I earned 1.9 million last year.

Eisboch wrote:
" *JimH*" wrote in message
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
As it turns out, my ordinary desktop compute tests faster than Jim's
hotshot computers.
Yep. You have a fast one.

Harry, tell me again about your senior ad executive job in 1976 when
you made $205,000/year.

Oh, for gripes sake. Harry reported 1976 income of 90K included an
inflation adjustment to 2005 numbers.

Forgetaboutit.

Eisboch
An adjustment Hertvik keeps adding, by the way. And he keeps forgetting
it wasn't a salary. It consisted of a modest salary and a substantial
commission.

The spin is different every time you respond Harry. Now it was not a
salary but a salary plus substantial commission.

Way to go. I am proud that you made that kind of dough in 1976. You are
'da man.

I explained in detail how the compensation was figured. You read it. It
was a modest salary and a commission based on about one third of the gross
profit on billings.

Perhaps you simply didn't understand that part. Wouldn't surprise me.

So, tell me, Jim...did you make more or less than 90K last year?

--
If you voted for Bush, you are to blame.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

So, where do the bullets go in the gun?

Eisboch

Don't everybody get nervous. I am only kidding. I know you just slide the
bullet backwards down the long tube, aim and fire.

Eisboch

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I'm not going to tell you. I am going to suggest that you call a local
target range, gun dealer, or hunt club, or look up an NRA instructor, and
make an appointment for a shooting lesson or two, and instructions on
shotgun handling BEFORE you put shells in that shotgun. You also need
hearing protectors and eye protection. Really.

Firearms are dangerous. You need to know how to handle a shotgun and how
not to shoot yourself, a neighbor, or a loved one BEFORE you fire it.

Good advice. And, as you probably suspected, I am only kidding. I am not a
gun enthusiast, but I know how to use one, if necessesary. Y'all can sleep
well tonight.

Eisboch

Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
I do have a Winchester 1300 pump with a short barrel

and pistol grip and there is no doubt in your mind when you've fired
it, especially with 3" shells, but I would never take it to a skeet
range.

The shotgun I have has, engraved in the barrel, "Winchester 1300, 20
ga. 2k & 3'."

What does that mean? I've never fired it. Is it going to dislocate my
shoulder if I do?

Eisboch

The 1300 is a fairly popular pump action shotgun. Unlikely a 20 gauge is
going to bruise you. I'd guess the "3" refers to 3-inch shells. Look
closer at the engravings.

I didn't have any problem pumping numerous cartridges through my 20
guage. i could see the 12 ga making an impression after a half dozen
fast shots.
Don White

Eisboch wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
[...]

Is Eisboch pulling our leg? Anyone who has watched as much tv as an
average person should be able to disamble, clean and rebuild a 12 ga
shotgun while blindfolded and with one arm tied behind their back.
Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
[...]

My favorite is the Remington 1200.

Lord Reginald Smithers

Eisboch,
That is the correct way, but make sure you use a long skinny ramrod to make
sure it is all the way down. I find it best if you take it 3 times with
about 15lbs of pressure.