DownTime

Default So where is......................

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:29:37 GMT, DownTime
wrote:

A little marina resort on Captiva island.

===================================

Tween Waters?

Good guess and very close. Jensen's is the place.

==========================

Yes, the one to the north with cottages I believe?

Yes, the cottages are on the bay side, along with a small marina.
Bert Robbins

Default The "secretive" righties here.

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.
I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part
time, 20 hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine
and it was the best thing I ever did by getting out of a
government job wherer you could advance on your own merits you
had to wait until you did the time just like the other guys, who
were sitting around just collecting a paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was
bringing home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"
Sure I can quantify it, but why?

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join
the marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply
traded one for another. Soldiering is a government job.

Why not answer his question instead of attacking him Harry?
Why should I reveal what my annual earnings are? Hell, you won;t
even tell people what you do for a living.
And why do you need to know that information?
Why does Bert or anyone else here need to know my annual earnings?

I was curious at one point at what you did for a living. Not where you
worked, but whether you were an Indian chief, a rug salesman, or
whatever. It was just curiosity. Why, do you think if you told me you
were sales manager for company that made processing products, that
would be too revealing? You, Smithers, Robbins, and the rest of the
righties are very, very close about yourselves, but you sure don't
mind talking in depth about the lives of others...right?

Nope.

Well, well, well, a bit of honesty at last. You and your gang enjoy
talking up the lives of others, but you sure want to keep your lives a
secret.

And you have the gumption to ask me why I won't tell Bert what I earn?

Thanks. I needed a smile.

Interesting new subject to this thread.

I have put it out in front of everybody and I am a "rightie", no secrets
from me. On the other hand you are so secretive that you will not tell
anyone anything about yourself that has occured within the last 35 years.

That's a rather bizarre posit on your part. Are you unaware of my
political leanings, or the fact that I've been married twice, or that I
live in southern Maryland adjacent to the Bay, or that I work as a
communications consultant for clients in the DC-Baltimore area?

Since you are being so forth coming with you information why don't you tell
us:

1) How much money you earned last year?
2) What your current religous beliefs are?

Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

Obviously not, I have told you what I earned last year. Are you
intimidated by what I earned last year? Does it make you feel insecure
that I earned more money than you? It makes Harry insecure about what I
earned last year. Now Harry knows that when I say I earned more than him
it is the truth.

Uh, Bertie, I don't want to burst your balloon, but the last time I earned
as little as you claimed you earned last year was in 1976. That was the
last year I worked for an ad agency in the District of Columbia, and I
earned about $90k the senior account executive. Just as that year was
ending, I opened my own marketing communications company with the help of
business commitments from prospective clients, and completed the following
year, 1977, earning more personally than you claimed you earned last year.

That was what, 28 years ago?

Your claimed earnings of $115,000? Nice, but no big deal in the DC metro
area. There are thousands of GS-15 government employees who earn that
here.

Ok, so what did you earn last year?

P. Fritz

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

"Narcissists are grandiose. They live in an artificial self invented from
fantasies of absolute or perfect power, genius, beauty, etc. Normal
people's
fantasies of themselves, their wishful thinking, take the form of
stories --
these stories often come from movies or TV, or from things they've read or
that were read to them as children. They involve a plot, heroic activity
or
great accomplishments or adventu normal people see themselves in
action,
however preposterous or even impossible that action may be -- they see
themselves doing things that earn them honor, glory, love, riches, fame,
and
they see these fantasy selves as personal potentials, however tenuous"

"Narcissistic men can be infatuated with their own looks, too,
............. but are more likely than women to get hung up on their
intelligence or the importance of their work -- doesn't matter what the
work
is, if he's doing it, by definition it's more important than anything you
could possibly do"

"Narcissists don't volunteer the usual personal information about
themselves, so they may seem secretive or perhaps unusually reserved or
very
jealous of their privacy. All these things are true, but with the special
narcissistic twist that, first, their real life isn't interesting to them
so
it doesn't occur to them that it would be interesting to anyone else and,
second, since they have not yet been transfigured into the Star of the
Universe, they're ashamed of their real life. They feel that their jobs,
their friends and families, their homes and possessions aren't good enough
for them, they deserve better. "

Bert Robbins

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

I don't discuss my personal religious beliefs or current earnings in
usenet. I'm a great admirer of His Holiness The Dalai Lama, though. Is
that helpful?

You are a lousey example of what the Dali Lama preaches.

Don White

Harry Krause wrote:

Ohhhh. You're so slick.

Yes..that Bert is such a con man...he almost had me spilling the beans
on all my private business. (smirk)

He'll have to get up a little earlier in the morning and lay off the
booze if he wants to trick me into telling all.

*JimH*

"Don White" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Ohhhh. You're so slick.

Yes..that Bert is such a con man...he almost had me spilling the beans on
all my private business. (smirk)

He'll have to get up a little earlier in the morning and lay off the booze
if he wants to trick me into telling all.

Hey Donny, it looks like you are obsessed with Bert also. Is obsessing on
people your new calling in life Mr. Milquetoast?

John H.

Bert Robbins wrote:

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.
I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part time, 20
hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine and it was the
best thing I ever did by getting out of a government job wherer you could
advance on your own merits you had to wait until you did the time just
like the other guys, who were sitting around just collecting a paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was bringing
home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"

Sure I can quantify it, but why?

I knew you wouldn't put a specific number out. It is not in your nature to
be honest.

You want to know the length of my penis, too?

Two things I think it inappropriate to discuss in a public forum: one's
particular religious beliefs and one's specific income.

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join the
marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply traded one for
another. Soldiering is a government job.

My part time job was converted to full time the day I graduated from HS.
Working as a civilian in government is a job. Serving in the US military is
an honor and privilege.

Whatever makes you feel good about it, eh, Bert? If you were in the
military, you were a federal employee. You received your pay and bennies
from the government, just like any other federal employee. There's
nothing wrong with that, though you seem to think there is.

Harry, Harry. There *is* a difference between a civilian government worker and a
soldier, airman, sailor, or marine. Of course you wouldn't know the difference.
But, that's OK.

Oh, and...

--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]
John H.

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

Harry, you are renowned for taking a sliver of personal information and using it
for the most nefarious purposes.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]
John H.

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:16:25 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I find it intriguing that virtually none of the righties here are
willing to reveal much of anything about themselves, but they are always
probing others for information they can use later.

The best response to any of the secretive righties who want information?
Up yours.

Hertvik is a perfect case in point. And, of course, the classics are
Skipper and Smithers, the conjoined bottom-feeders.

Wow. To a 'T'!

The narcissist expects that you will be devastated by the withdrawal of her/his
divine attention, so that after a while -- a few weeks or months (i.e., the next
time the narcissist needs to use you for something) -- the narcissist will
expect you to have learned your lesson and be eager to return to the fold. If
you have learned your lesson, you won't answer that call. They can't see that
they have a problem; it's always somebody else who has the problem and needs to
change. Therapies work at all only when the individual wants to change and,
though narcissists hate their real selves, they don't want to change -- they
want the world to change. * And they criticize, gripe, and complain about almost
everything and almost everyone almost all the time.*