Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Yamaha LS2000 jetboat tach, oil level, and throttle problems

I have an '01 Yamaha jetboat. Everything works well except neither tach
will operate, the oil level indicator says its empty (when its full),
and one of the throttles has to be held in position by hand or it will
fall back to idle.

I purchased a service manual and its terrible. There are no voltages
listed even for the tachs - I'd expect the schematic to say something
like 0-6000 RPM ~ 0-12V and point to a wire?

Since neither tach operates I sort of suspected a "common" wire but
ground and 12v seem to be present.

I replaced the oil tank level sending unit, didn't help. It comes on
and audibly alarms after like 10 seconds of operation.

Also the throttle assemply- they show an exploded diagram and that's
it. No adjustments. What do I need to adjust to tension the throttle so
it stays in postion?

Any advice would be appreciated. Well except for GET RID OF THAT BOAT!!
Any HELPFUL advice

I managed to get the service port covers out; they were terribly stuck
(bought it like that).. It took a 2 ton engine lift to do it- lift the
whole boat off the trailer almost! If you have one of these boats I
advise you to remove these and leave them off unless you're ready to
trailer it. Then apply lube according to the manual.

Spy