Lloyd

Default Chart Display Software on PC

Hi,
I'm now using Maptech's Ocean Navigator software to display my NDI
charts (BSB Ver 4). It came with the CD, but I don't like it.

It's VERY complex, meaning it takes FOREVER to load, and despite all
its "features" I can't figure out how to do Simple Stuff like get it to
auto-pan when my GPS-driven boat icon runs off the display, or to
automatically change charts when it runs off the chart. And if I screw up,
there's no "undo" to get me back where I was!

Anyway, any recomendations on SIMPLE display software that will display
BSB Ver 4 charts (apparently incompatible with BSB Ver 3)? I'd prefer
freeware, not just cuz I'm cheap, but also to get rid of this "can only be
installed twice" crap.

Also: can I install other software that accesses the charts without
screwing up Ocean Navigator? I'm down to my last "install" and don't want
to loose it...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Nav software Gordon Cruising 4 November 21st 05 04:00 PM
Chart Terminology narrow shallow channels Bryan General 1 November 21st 05 02:11 AM
Garmin software JIm Cruising 0 November 6th 05 03:59 PM
Antsoft Best domain software Vasilisa General 0 October 5th 05 05:39 PM
Antsoft Best domain software Vasilisa General 0 October 5th 05 05:39 PM