*JimH*

Default Ping: Wayne.B

Hi Wayne,

Some weeks ago you posted a link to a casual resort down in the Keys with
boats available for the patrons. Do you still have that link and if so
would you mind sharing it again?

Thanks!
Jim

NOYB

Default Wayne.B

" *JimH*" wrote in message
Hi Wayne,

Some weeks ago you posted a link to a casual resort down in the Keys with
boats available for the patrons. Do you still have that link and if so
would you mind sharing it again?

http://www.rainbowbend.com/

Harry mentioned that he stayed there, and that they have 13' Boston Whalers
for their guests to use.

If you go to the Keys, you have to stop in Layton (Mile Marker 68.5...ten
miles north of Rainbow Bend) and eat at Little Italy. It's one of my
favorite restaurants down there. Order the Sicilian Snapper.

Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada has larger Boston Whalers (18') available for
their guests to rent by the day.

*JimH*

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

" *JimH*" wrote in message
Hi Wayne,

Some weeks ago you posted a link to a casual resort down in the Keys with
boats available for the patrons. Do you still have that link and if so
would you mind sharing it again?

http://www.rainbowbend.com/

Harry mentioned that he stayed there, and that they have 13' Boston
Whalers for their guests to use.

If you go to the Keys, you have to stop in Layton (Mile Marker 68.5...ten
miles north of Rainbow Bend) and eat at Little Italy. It's one of my
favorite restaurants down there. Order the Sicilian Snapper.

Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada has larger Boston Whalers (18') available for
their guests to rent by the day.

Thanks NOYB! We are thinking of a short late January winter junket with a 2
other couples.........flying into Ft. Myers (a long story) and taking the 4
hour ferry trip from there to Key West. We would then either then stay in
Key West or another place in the Keys.

The fact that the resort you offered a link to offers the use of a boat is a
plus, as is the casual atmosphere.

We are looking for something casual and not overly expensive for a short 3-4
day stay at the Keys. We (the group) are not interested in fishing but
looking for casual lodging offering snorkeling, swimming and just having a
fun time.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. ;-)

NOYB

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

The ferry lands at Key West. You'd have to rent a car...and tt's an hour
and a half run up to Marathon from there.

Instead of the catamaran to Key Wst, why don't you catch a commuter flight
from Fort Myers or Naples airport to Marathon? Rainbow bend is a 10 minute
drive (cab ride?) from the airport.

The fact that the resort you offered a link to offers the use of a boat is
a plus, as is the casual atmosphere.

We are looking for something casual and not overly expensive for a short
3-4 day stay at the Keys. We (the group) are not interested in fishing
but looking for casual lodging offering snorkeling, swimming and just
having a fun time.

Any of the resorts offer snorkeling trips from their premises. You can stay
almost anywhere, and rent a boat from several different boat rental sites.

Here's the best site that I've found for first-hand knowledge of the keys:

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=100907

*JimH*

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...
" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

Rainbow is quite a ways north of Key West. It has a nice beach (no
lifeguard), and there were Sunfish sailboats to use. Once again, it is NOT
a fancy place, though the restaurant was first-class. Lots of other
activities in the area.

Thanks Harry. I will look into it. We are not looking for anything fancy.
We had enough of that crowd while in Miami Beach several years ago.

Wayne.B

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:05:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Some weeks ago you posted a link to a casual resort down in the Keys with
boats available for the patrons. Do you still have that link and if so
would you mind sharing it again?

http://www.rainbowbend.com/

=================================

Rainbow Bend is the place as others have mentioned. It's a mile or
two east of Marathon which puts it at least a one hours drive from Key
West. The food is excellent as others have also mentioned. The
Whalers are old but run pretty well, and were a lot of fun when we
were there. Nothing fancy but a very laid back relaxing kind of
place.

Ping: Dr. Happy Tooth Wayne.B General 3 November 15th 05 04:22 PM
Ping: Dr. Happy Tooth bb General 2 November 15th 05 02:27 PM
Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Ping Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 26th 05 08:44 PM