Default Portable Charger or Onboard Charger

I didn't loose a charger but other things like:
battery cables that had steel ends rusted into two pieces.
a Perko batery selector switch that somehow got water inside and drained
batteries and apparently shorted out the rectifyer charging circuit.
Even though used, I just replaced the axles and springs (one axle was new
three years ago!)
studs on the engine, exposed threads are rusted badly
etc, etc,

Sound terrible. You must be living near a beach with all the salty air
coming from the ocean to rust everything out.

Jay Chan

LD

I guess the lesson I've learned is to clean, protect, rinse, and remove any
salt deposits or any suspected deposits from any steel. Deposits are not so
bad (where easily seen) on glass, aluminum and fiberglass. Although I have
an "aluminum" trailer which is relatively unaffected by the salt, I now do a
through rinse job on the steel wheels, axles, springs, wheeled jack, exposed
steel fasteners on the engine and do a freshwater flush when I get back to
the house. It dawned on me that in spite of the care I now take, the
trailer sets out all day after launching the boat, potentially rusting away
while I'm out fishing. Time permitting, I try to inspect the axles and all
steel hardware on the trailer at the launch when the boat is off and even
take a wet (fresh water) sponge, wipe off the salt at a nick and touch up
with a can of Rust-Oleum. Hopefully this will make the equipment last much
longer.
LD

wrote in message
ups.com...
I didn't loose a charger but other things like:
battery cables that had steel ends rusted into two pieces.
a Perko batery selector switch that somehow got water inside and drained
batteries and apparently shorted out the rectifyer charging circuit.
Even though used, I just replaced the axles and springs (one axle was

new
three years ago!)
studs on the engine, exposed threads are rusted badly
etc, etc,

Sound terrible. You must be living near a beach with all the salty air
coming from the ocean to rust everything out.

Jay Chan

Don White

LD wrote:
[...]

I've wondered if it would be worthwhile taking along one of the hand
pump, pressurized garden sprayers full of fresh water. You could give a
quick spray as soon as the trailer comes out of the water.... should
help until a proper hosing can be done.

I've wondered if it would be worthwhile taking along one of the hand
pump, pressurized garden sprayers full of fresh water. You could give a
quick spray as soon as the trailer comes out of the water.... should
help until a proper hosing can be done.

This sounds like an interesting idea. We should get one with a metal
tip (where the water comes out). The plastic one is no good. The
spray is not even if we use a plastic tip.

It tends to wet the surface (that it is designed for), but not wash
away stuff from the surface. In order to wash away stuff, we need to
spray the same area long enough. This is still probably better than
not doing anything at all.

Jay Chan