Bryan

Default Nearest to Sacramento Warm Water Lake for Mid April?

We've already got spring fever and we don't want to wait for summer! The
kids are wondering where the nearest to Sacramento warm water family boating
option is for their April spring break. Any ideas?

Bill McKee

"Bryan" wrote in message
t...
We've already got spring fever and we don't want to wait for summer! The
kids are wondering where the nearest to Sacramento warm water family
boating option is for their April spring break. Any ideas?

Folsom Lake.

Bryan

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
t...
We've already got spring fever and we don't want to wait for summer! The
kids are wondering where the nearest to Sacramento warm water family
boating option is for their April spring break. Any ideas?

Folsom Lake.

Bill,

Warm water in April?

Bill McKee

"Bryan" wrote in message
. net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
t...
We've already got spring fever and we don't want to wait for summer!
The kids are wondering where the nearest to Sacramento warm water family
boating option is for their April spring break. Any ideas?

Folsom Lake.

Bill,

Warm water in April?

It is going to be as warm as any other lake around. Most are higher
elevation. Bullards Bar will be mush prettier, and it and Oroville will
probably be cooler with the amount of runoff. Go to Costco in the Spring
and buy some Spring, shorty suits. Costco sells them for about $40.

Bill McKee wrote:
:
: "Bryan" wrote in message
: t...
: We've already got spring fever and we don't want to wait for summer!
: The kids are wondering where the nearest to Sacramento warm water family
: boating option is for their April spring break. Any ideas?
:
: Folsom Lake.
:
: Bill,
:
: Warm water in April?

: It is going to be as warm as any other lake around. Most are higher
: elevation. Bullards Bar will be mush prettier, and it and Oroville will
: probably be cooler with the amount of runoff. Go to Costco in the Spring
: and buy some Spring, shorty suits. Costco sells them for about $40.

I live in the area. There will be no "warm lakes" in April in the area.
Folsom lake temps in the water will be in the 50's that time of year. Fresh
snow melt coming from the rivers that feed it. Same with the rest of
the lakes. Bullard's bar and Rollins are higher in elevation and will
be colder. It's just too darned early for warm water temperatures that
time of year. I have, however gone to Folsom once and had decent weather
for boating in April. The water's ankle aching cold though but you
may luck out and get a warm day (about 75 to 80 but it's a gamble that
time of the year). Camp Far West reservoir (Sheridan) is also a nearby
lake as well as hundreds of miles on the Sacramento Delta.

b.