N.L. Eckert

Default Lest We Forget........

Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day, I post this memorial to the veterans
in my family that have passed away. Sadly, one more is added this
year......
http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/AMEMORIALTOMYDADAND

DSK

N.L. Eckert wrote:
Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day, I post this memorial to the veterans
in my family that have passed away. Sadly, one more is added this
year......
http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/AMEMORIALTOMYDADAND

Thank you, and thanks to your father and brothers.

I liked the Lake St.Clair picture.

DSK

*JimH*

"N.L. Eckert" wrote in message

Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day, I post this memorial to the veterans
in my family that have passed away. Sadly, one more is added this
year......
http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/AMEMORIALTOMYDADAND

My hats off to all those who have served and are currently serving.

John Gaquin

"N.L. Eckert" wrote in message news:15141-437491A8-

Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day,

....bless 'em all.

John H.

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:42:16 -0500, (N.L. Eckert) wrote:

Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day, I post this memorial to the veterans
in my family that have passed away. Sadly, one more is added this
year......
http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/AMEMORIALTOMYDADAND

Nicely done. Sorry to hear about this year's loss.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

*JimH*

"John H." wrote in message
news
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:42:16 -0500, (N.L. Eckert) wrote:

Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day, I post this memorial to the veterans
in my family that have passed away. Sadly, one more is added this
year......
http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/AMEMORIALTOMYDADAND

Nicely done. Sorry to hear about this year's loss.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
resolve it."
Rene Descartes

There are not too many Vets from WWII still alive. All WWII Vets in my
family, including my father, have passed away.

P Fritz

" *JimH*" wrote in message

news

wrote:

Each Memorial Day & Veterans Day, I post this memorial to the veterans
in my family that have passed away. Sadly, one more is added this
year......
http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/AMEMORIALTOMYDADAND

Nicely done. Sorry to hear about this year's loss.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary

resolve it."
Rene Descartes

There are not too many Vets from WWII still alive. All WWII Vets in my
family, including my father, have passed away.

Even those that served in the last year of the war would be close to 80 now.

I had three in my family......my dad was in Australia and New Guinea in the
early years of the war (was attached to a medical group.....a forerunner of
the MASH units) even though he had no previous medical training.....he had
lots of stories........ One uncle was a B-24 pilot in Europe, he flew 2
missions on D-Day and a full rotation My other uncle was 100% blind in one
eye (childhood accident) and was still drafted.......he ended up riding a
motorcycle in Kansas guardomg german POWs.

N.L. Eckert

Jim H. wrote:
There are not too many Vets from WWII still alive. * All WWII Vets in
my
family, including my father, have passed away.
=================================
The Detroit Free Press estimated the following surviving veterans:
..
WW I -- Less than 50
..
WW II -- 3.5 million
..
Korea -- 3.2 million
..
Vietnam -- 8 million
..
I was surprised to see that we Korean vets come close to the WWII vets
because the wars were only 5 years apart.