Doug Kanter

Default OFF OR ON TOPIC

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message ...
Doug,
I find it easier to read top posting messages, it makes it easier than
scrolling down to the bottom. Also, my NG reader places the cursor at the
top of the message.

CTRL-END takes you to the bottom of a message in Outlook Express and many
other programs. No scrolling.

Dr. Dr. Smithers

Harry is overweight, doesn't look that healthy, his years of inactivity
might take their toll on the old guy. It is obvious his mind is no longer
with us.

"Skipper" wrote in message
"Dr. Dr. Smithers" wrote:

When I first started reading the NG Harry was posting 100 - 150 messages
day. 75-125 of those messages were telling everyone else they were
idiots,
right wing turds or something similar. Whenever Harry takes a vacation,
which is very uncommon, the tone of the NG improves immensely.

Harry has destroyed what was a good group.

I came to that same conclusion a while back. What, if anything, can be
done to restore the NG to its once preeminent position?

--
Skipper

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
When I first started reading the NG Harry was posting 100 - 150 messages a
day. 75-125 of those messages were telling everyone else they were idiots,
right wing turds or something similar. Whenever Harry takes a vacation,
which is very uncommon, the tone of the NG improves immensely.

Harry has destroyed what was a good group.

You've certainly done your share by using 100 different aliases,
including those of people already posting here.
What do you think of Fritz, who never, ever posts anything on topic?
What do you think of JimH, who thought nothing of posting lies, name
calling, vile posts time after time?
What do you think of Herring, who, for weeks, posting nothing but
"Harry, you're a ****ing liar"?

Do you think those above examples have made the newsgroup a better, or
worse place?

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Doug,
I find it easier to read top posting messages, it makes it easier than
scrolling down to the bottom. Also, my NG reader places the cursor at the
top of the message.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but it is possible to move the
cursor. It really is!

Dr. Dr. Smithers

I am sorry, I forgot about Kevin, it is Harry and Kevin who have ruined this
NG.

Kevin, no one has come close to the name calling Harry has bestowed upon
this NG, both in intensity and volume.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
When I first started reading the NG Harry was posting 100 - 150 messages
day. 75-125 of those messages were telling everyone else they were
idiots,
right wing turds or something similar. Whenever Harry takes a vacation,
which is very uncommon, the tone of the NG improves immensely.

Harry has destroyed what was a good group.

You've certainly done your share by using 100 different aliases,
including those of people already posting here.
What do you think of Fritz, who never, ever posts anything on topic?
What do you think of JimH, who thought nothing of posting lies, name
calling, vile posts time after time?
What do you think of Herring, who, for weeks, posting nothing but
"Harry, you're a ****ing liar"?

Do you think those above examples have made the newsgroup a better, or
worse place?

Dr. Dr. Smithers

Kevin,
I really do know, I just prefer to read messages on top, so I top post my
messages. I find reading bottom posting a major pain in the ass,
especially since 99% of the bottom posters do not trim any of the messages.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Doug,
I find it easier to read top posting messages, it makes it easier than
scrolling down to the bottom. Also, my NG reader places the cursor at
the
top of the message.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but it is possible to move the
cursor. It really is!

*JimH*

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message . ..
Kevin,
I really do know, I just prefer to read messages on top, so I top post my
messages. I find reading bottom posting a major pain in the ass,
especially since 99% of the bottom posters do not trim any of the
messages.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Doug,
I find it easier to read top posting messages, it makes it easier than
scrolling down to the bottom. Also, my NG reader places the cursor at
the
top of the message.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but it is possible to move the
cursor. It really is!

But you end up reading the replies to your posts at the bottom so I don't
understand your point.

Do as you want but it does make it easier to follow a thread when everyone
posts in the same way. This NG bottom posts so you should do the same.

As Kevin said, there is no big effort in moving the cursor to the bottom
when replying. ;-)

Skipper

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" wrote:

Harry is overweight, doesn't look that healthy, his years of inactivity
might take their toll on the old guy. It is obvious his mind is no longer
with us.

It's sad really. Having been away from the NG a couple years, his
diminished skills are oh so obvious. Perhaps there is hope for the NG
yet...

--
Skipper
*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
When I first started reading the NG Harry was posting 100 - 150 messages
day. 75-125 of those messages were telling everyone else they were
idiots,
right wing turds or something similar. Whenever Harry takes a vacation,
which is very uncommon, the tone of the NG improves immensely.

Harry has destroyed what was a good group.

What do you think of JimH, who thought nothing of posting lies, name
calling, vile posts time after time?

Bull****.

*You* and only *you* are guilty of such charges.