Skipper

Default OFF OR ON TOPIC

wrote:

Fact is, darn nearly everybody left here is nuts. Knuts, gnuts, nuts.
Self included.
Anybody searching for a "boating forum" would be nuts to think a bunch
of idiots gathered around a bench and pretending it's a boat is the
best forum they will find. Anybody here who can't figure out there
isn't any boating content left and that the most prolific posters have
even stopped trying to play the "it's about boats" game in our corner
of the asylum's rec. yard is nuts. Anybody here who enjoys and thrives
on the wicked, sick, and twisted
vitriol passing between the inmates and patients on a personal level is
nuts.

So if you're looking for a good boating forum- forget this one. Twenty
different people will advance 15-20 different names and reasons why
rec.boats is in the toilet, but in the final analysis (and for whatever
reason) it is. Unless you enjoy life in the asylum toilet, get the heck
out before you get caught up in the vortex circling the bowl.

You have been a major player in the off-topic vitriol, Chucky Boy. I was
outta this toilet for over 2 years when I checked the archives to see
what had happened to the NG. I was a bit miffed to discover that you'd
been issuing invectives my way...and even making "Skipper" the brunt of
your jokes. I returned only to set the NG straight about YOU.

I'll be outta here soon enough. It might just be time for YOU to take
your annual hiatus. Its been long since you've done anything to correct
the main problem of this NG (Harry Krause). Your lying and belittling
insults to fellow NG contributors have not been a positive contribution
either.

And has been pointed out by several contributors, you are far too slow
to offer obviously needed apologies. Is it your arrogance or stupidity?

--
Skipper
Dan J.S.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a boating newsgroup or an "off topic" newsgroup? Seems there
are more off topic posts than on topic post.

Not much boating to be done in fall/winter seasons...

NOYB

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a boating newsgroup or an "off topic" newsgroup? Seems there
are more off topic posts than on topic post.

Not much boating to be done in fall/winter seasons...

Speak for yourself. ;-)

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a boating newsgroup or an "off topic" newsgroup? Seems there
are more off topic posts than on topic post.

Do you have a boating question? We get off topic here because we're bored
sometimes. The endless debate is the reason why we're some of the brightest
people on earth (except for a few who obviously don't know who they are).

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...

Imagine the grounds of an asylum. The inmates are let out everyday to
exercise, and in one corner, gathered all around a bench, is a group
that fantasizes they're out on a boat instead of trapped in an asylum.

You give me back my toothbrush right this minute, Ghoul.

P Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a boating newsgroup or an "off topic" newsgroup? Seems there
are more off topic posts than on topic post.

Not much boating to be done in fall/winter seasons...

Speak for yourself. ;-)

Or in harry's case.....not much boating to be done EVER.

Dr. Dr. Smithers

Kevin,
What is so childish about asking the question?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Kevin,
Why is JimH asking a question that is designed to encourage an on topic
thread childish? His question is not a troll, nor is it JimH trying to
insult the person who made the observation that rec.boats is mostly about
politics.

I'm not Kevin. But, do this for a little test. Google back to before
JimH bought his used runabout for about the same timeframe prior to him
buying it versus the time frame since he's owned it. Now, how many
posts do you see prior that asked the question about boat ownership?
Got it? Now, do the same thing post boat buying. What are the results?
It's simple, before he owned a boat, he never asked that question.
Since then, because of his childish nature, he asks it almost daily,
and sometimes several times daily.

*JimH*

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message ...
Kevin,
What is so childish about asking the question?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Kevin,
Why is JimH asking a question that is designed to encourage an on topic
thread childish? His question is not a troll, nor is it JimH trying to
insult the person who made the observation that rec.boats is mostly
about
politics.

I'm not Kevin. But, do this for a little test. Google back to before
JimH bought his used runabout for about the same timeframe prior to him
buying it versus the time frame since he's owned it. Now, how many
posts do you see prior that asked the question about boat ownership?
Got it? Now, do the same thing post boat buying. What are the results?
It's simple, before he owned a boat, he never asked that question.
Since then, because of his childish nature, he asks it almost daily,
and sometimes several times daily.

This is just too funny. Thanks for the good laugh today Kevin.

Doug Kanter

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message ...
Kevin,
What is so childish about asking the question?

Sudden left turn: English is read from the top of the page to the bottom.
Why do you love top-posting so much?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

[...]

As I said and you so aptly demonstrated:

"The *real* reasons the inmates gather around the bench are because
there is nothing else in life to do, and they are so entangled in
mutually obsessed love-hate relationships that they cannot get through
a day without interacting with the object of their love-hate. Some hang

around the bench all day, waiting for one of the other inmates to say
*anything*, on any subject, so they can immediately lash out with the
crappy personal remark they have been crafting since the day prior"

Have a pleasant afternoon, Dave. I'd love to sit around and play, but
I've got some actual work to take care of. Distract the guards for me,
while I sneak out the back gate, OK? :-)