Lloyd Sumpter

Default Binimi for an inflatable

Hi,

I just bought a 9ft6in inflatable (Brig Dingo D285) and would like to
put a bimini on it. Do I have to do it myself, or are there commercial
ones available?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Near Cove III" Brig D285

Bill McKee

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I just bought a 9ft6in inflatable (Brig Dingo D285) and would like to
put a bimini on it. Do I have to do it myself, or are there commercial
ones available?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Near Cove III" Brig D285

Check out Cabelas, bass pro shops, etc.

Butch Davis

Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective. If
skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

Butch
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I just bought a 9ft6in inflatable (Brig Dingo D285) and would like to
put a bimini on it. Do I have to do it myself, or are there commercial
ones available?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Near Cove III" Brig D285

Check out Cabelas, bass pro shops, etc.

Lloyd

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:20:42 +0000, Butch Davis wrote:

Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective.

Got one of those! And there are those that argue it's prett ugly... But
it's nice to duck under something, keep everything dry instead of having
the rain run off your hat into your lap every time you look down.

If skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

OK for me, but my Lady's alergic to most of the stuff they put in
sunscreen.

Lloyd

Bill McKee

"Lloyd" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:20:42 +0000, Butch Davis wrote:

Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective.

Got one of those! And there are those that argue it's prett ugly... But
it's nice to duck under something, keep everything dry instead of having
the rain run off your hat into your lap every time you look down.

If skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

OK for me, but my Lady's alergic to most of the stuff they put in
sunscreen.

Lloyd

Have her look at the Avon and Oil of Olay products.

*JimH*

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective. If
skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

Butch

Makes sense. A bimini on a 10 foot inflatable would be quite awkward.

Jim,

*JimH* wrote:
"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...

Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective. If
skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

Butch

Makes sense. A bimini on a 10 foot inflatable would be quite awkward.

I'm thinking that an inflatable is light to begin with, add a Bimini and
you have a sort of sail -- would be hard to control
Bill McKee

" *JimH*" wrote in message
. ..

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective. If
skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

Butch

Makes sense. A bimini on a 10 foot inflatable would be quite awkward.

http://www.inflatableboatparts.com/h...rts.htm#bimini

*JimH*

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

" *JimH*" wrote in message
. ..

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective.
If skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

Butch

Makes sense. A bimini on a 10 foot inflatable would be quite awkward.

http://www.inflatableboatparts.com/h...rts.htm#bimini

Just because someone sells a bimini for inflatables does not mean it is a
wise choice.. ;-)

Lloyd Sumpter

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:09:55 -0500, *JimH* wrote:

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Llyod,

A big old hat is much cheaper, looks better and is just as effective. If
skin cancer is the issue plenty of SPF 30 does a pretty good job.

Butch

Makes sense. A bimini on a 10 foot inflatable would be quite awkward.

Hmmm... I think we're suffering for "different uses" syndrome here. I
wouldn't consider a bimini if I was roaring around at 30 knots. But I'm
using it with an electric, putting along at 4-5knots, enjoying the
scenery. And, yes, fishing.

And you can always put it down if you're in a wind and don't want to be
blown around. Thst's the advantage of a bimini over a permanent "roof".

I had one on the 12ft aluminum skiff and I enjoyed it.
http://user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/TinB...at_Bimini2.jpg

Lloyd Sumpter
"Near Cove" Brig D285