Eisboch

Default Row, row, row your ...

BOAT!

Eisboch (contributing with an on-topic post)

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
BOAT!

Eisboch (contributing with an on-topic post)

If I were in Savannah, I'd be at Mrs. Wilkes, eating, or out at the
Driftaway.

I suppose. I've driven around in the rental and seen some of the sights,
but it's not much fun by yourself. My "quick" solo trip to Florida is now
entering week number four.

I really don't need to eat much more. Seems like that's all I've been doing.
All the "Southern Style" restaurants are tempting. Even had some grits with
breakfast this morning.

Checked in at the truck repair place this afternoon and they are putting the
engine back together. Looks like I'll be back on the road tomorrow sometime.
I wanted to poke around a bit in the Carolinas, but now I won't have time.

Eisboch

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

What's the diagnosis on the engine? I mean, I recall you said a part died,
but was any serious damage done? And why did the part fail on a new truck?

According to the diesel techs, certain 2005 Ford Powerstoke engines had a
problem with the design and machining of the "High Pressure Oil Pump". This
device, controlled by a computer (of course) is used to pulse the fuel
injectors to squirt fuel into the cylinders. The series of faulty pumps
destroy themselves over time - in my case, 8000 miles- and the engine stops
running. No recall was issued - just a technical service bulletin (TSB) for
techs to check for a potential problem during routine service. Apparently,
the tech who last serviced my truck didn't read the TSB. To make matters
worse, the HP pump was considered to be so reliable that the manufacturer
who makes the engines for Ford (International) buried the pump deep inside
the engine so they have to take it half apart to replace the pump.

The good news is that the replacement pump has been redesigned to correct
the errors of the original and it should last the lifetime of the engine,
whatever that is.

Eisboch (learning lots about diesels in the past 5 days)

Don White

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

Bet it's not a Toyota Tundra!
Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I've toyed with the idea of getting a superduty F250 with a diesel, or the
competing Chevy with its diesel, but if I sell my current boats and buy
one of the ones I'm considering, I'll have absolutely no need for a tow
vehicle, so a 4x4 V6 "pick-me-up" truck would be more than satisfactory.
But right now I'm facing inertia. Or maybe entropy.

The only reason I bought such a large truck was because of a brain fart I
had last year about buying a fifth wheel type RV. The brain fart turned
into reality and I have a 37 foot "Toybox" type RV sitting in my yard. A
toybox is the type that has a rear garage and pull down ramp. I've got a
Harley sitting in there now. (As you can tell, this is middle aged
playtime.) I've used the RV once on a "camping" trip to New Hampshire, the
result of a major conspiricy amoung my daughter, son-in-law, oldest son and
his wife, all of whom are into "camping". I discovered I would much rather
sit on a boat. No-see-ums seem friendly compared to mosquitoes the size of
bats.

The Superduty Fords are nice trucks, particularly with the redesigned
suspension in 2005, but frankly the little 4 cylinder Chevy S-10 that I had
before the Ford was much more practical.

Eisboch

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I've toyed with the idea of getting a superduty F250 with a diesel, or
the competing Chevy with its diesel, but if I sell my current boats and
buy one of the ones I'm considering, I'll have absolutely no need for a
tow vehicle, so a 4x4 V6 "pick-me-up" truck would be more than
satisfactory. But right now I'm facing inertia. Or maybe entropy.

I suspect a bad case of 2 footitis.

Eisboch

Skipper

Eisboch wrote:

The Superduty Fords are nice trucks, particularly with the redesigned
suspension in 2005, but frankly the little 4 cylinder Chevy S-10 that I had
before the Ford was much more practical.

Have you checked out the turning radius, night vision, and creature
comforts of those full grown Silverados as compared to their
competitors?

--
Skipper
Eisboch

"Skipper" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

The Superduty Fords are nice trucks, particularly with the redesigned
suspension in 2005, but frankly the little 4 cylinder Chevy S-10 that I
had
before the Ford was much more practical.

Have you checked out the turning radius, night vision, and creature
comforts of those full grown Silverados as compared to their
competitors?

--
Skipper

Silverados come equipped with Night Vision?
Must be a mix-up from the Hummer production line.

Eisboch

Skipper

Eisboch wrote:

Have you checked out the turning radius, night vision, and creature
comforts of those full grown Silverados as compared to their
competitors?

Silverados come equipped with Night Vision?
Must be a mix-up from the Hummer production line.

Yes they do compared to the competition. Check it out. And yes, the
Hummer and Silverado dashboard are very similar. Suspect identical
parts.

--
Skipper
Eisboch

"Skipper" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

Have you checked out the turning radius, night vision, and creature
comforts of those full grown Silverados as compared to their
competitors?

Silverados come equipped with Night Vision?
Must be a mix-up from the Hummer production line.

Yes they do compared to the competition. Check it out. And yes, the
Hummer and Silverado dashboard are very similar. Suspect identical
parts.

--
Skipper

That's probably because the H2 is built by GM on the same chassis.

What do you mean by "compared to the competition"? It's either Night Vision
or it's not Night Vision. Do you know what Night Vision systems are?

Eisboch