Bill McKee

Default Leatherman/Gerber multi-tools...

The Wave is fantastic. I lost one, and bought another as I liked it so
much. The ability to open a blade without opening the tool is worth the
money. Still have an older model.

I just answered the door and the package was from Leatherman Tools. I
was expecting the return of my PST II and a Super Leatherman which had
seen many better days.

Surprise - the PST II has been retired and they sent me a new Wave as
the closest replacement and a brandy new Super Tool - no questions
asked.

Can't beat the warranty.

Gerber, on the other hand, is a bit more picky. Perhaps because they
are a GSA supplier, they don't have to be as responsive, but I had a
Gerber multitool and I had a hassle over getting it repaired under
warranty. Eventually, they came around, but it took a phone call and
some arm twisting.

I haven't bought a Gerber tool since.