Ping

Default Just Another Act of God

Just Another Act of God

A night to remember in a floating bar
All in high spirits as people are
If they could have know the next event
They would have thought twice and never went
Duty free is very nice but is it really worth your life?
The boat was big the waves were strong
But nobody cared they carried on
The boat rocked hard as they rocked on

A sudden BANG the bow doors broke
A sudden silence nobody spoke
A rush of water filled the rooms
Sleeping people woke to doom
Dancing people danced to death
Drowning people lost their breath
And children with no hope in hell
Their chocking parents died as well
A salty fishy dieing smell

People thought to save their lives
Husbands watched their dieing wives
Injured people could not move
The water killed them fast and smooth
The boat was red stained with blood
As it sank fast down to the mud
Nobody will ever forget the night
When the BIG Estonia lost its fight

The ones who lived are scared for life
The ones who died have lost their lives
The ones who lost a family friend
Now have broken hearts to mend
Nobody can predict these things
When the helpless grown their angel wings
We can't really do a lot
It's just another act of god

©Ping
2005-11-01
http://www.pingcreations.nu

UglyDan®©™

I thought the Estonia sinking was " Just Another Act of Stupidity"

Didn' some fool leave the bow doors open?
UD

Jim Carter

"UglyDan®©T" wrote in message
I thought the Estonia sinking was " Just Another Act of Stupidity"

Didn' some fool leave the bow doors open?
UD

No, the locking mechanism was broken and the door sprung open, but, some
fool should have notified the captain that the front ramp was not locking
into position, before they left the harbor.
Jim

ena

Estonia was the biggest "peacetime" desaster here in Scandinavia and was
investigated wery detailed - the accident wasen`t quite that simple.
The final report can be downloaded he
http://www.onnettomuustutkinta.fi/estonia/

I still remember the morning where it happened heard it on the radio on my
way to work - i couldent belive what i heard - i thourght it was a radio
drama - not the real thing - but quickly discovered that it was bad - realy
bad - many famies here in Scandinavia lost someone that night.

The safety standard of Scandinavian wessels where high (and Estonia had just
been refalgged to Estonian flag form Swedish flag) but many things happened
at the same time + the estonian crew where not trained and experienced with
this type of wessel - you can reed it all in the final report.