Michael

Default Motor Size

Hi,

I'm designing a model submarine, and need to know what size electric motor I
will need in it.

It will be 4m long (12 foot) and will hopefully beable to pull me along with
it.

If the weight of the sub and me on land is say, 45st with a bit added to be
on the safe side. The sub has a 7 bladed 0.4m prop and is rougly 4m long,
0.5m wide.

So can anyone provide me with a rough idea as to the size of the motor I
will need to power this beast?

Thanks

Michael

Michael

wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:11:23 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm designing a model submarine, and need to know what size electric motor
will need in it.

It will be 4m long (12 foot) and will hopefully beable to pull me along
with
it.

If the weight of the sub and me on land is say, 45st with a bit added to
be
on the safe side. The sub has a 7 bladed 0.4m prop and is rougly 4m long,
0.5m wide.

So can anyone provide me with a rough idea as to the size of the motor I
will need to power this beast?

Thanks

Michael

I built an electric boat this summer about a quarter that size and it
moved right along with two 6 watt motors. I would guess 100 watts
would really hum along but battery life would suffer. Maybe 60 watts?
How will you control it?

Not sure yet, was planning on working that out when I have an idea about the
motor

Thanks

Michael

Bill McKee

"Michael" wrote in message
. uk...

wrote:

[...]

You might look at a couple of the scuba diving assist boats. See what their
power source is.