PocoLoco

Default The Disney Magic

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:22:07 -0800, jps wrote:

In article , PocoLoco415
says...
What a boat, what a ride, what a fantastic week! I *will* go for another cruise
on the "Disney Magic", regardless of the number of kids aboard!

The service, food, entertainment, and atmosphere were much more than I expected.
I had taken three paperbacks to read, along with a new Nikon D70 book, to read
rather than be bored.

I finished none of them.

However, we had some bad news waiting for us. My older daughter underwent an MRI
which showed three breast tumors. Biopsies showed two to be benign, but one is
malignant. Now the younger daughter is very concerned, and wants to have a test
of her genes to determine if she inherited the BRAC1 or BRAC2 gene from her
mother, who died of 'abdominal' cancer. She, however, is concerned that if the
test comes back positive, she will lose her health insurance. Has anyone ever
heard of that?

Sorry to hear the news John.

Cannot stand the thought of my kids sick. Hope the best for her quick
and effective treatment.

jps

Thanks. Yeah, sick kids are a bummer. Makes me wish I was an oncologist rather
than one who can do nothing but give emotional support.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
PocoLoco

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:19:54 -0500, thunder wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:20:47 -0500, PocoLoco wrote:

Thanks for quoting Harry's response. It seems to lend credence to what my
daughter has heard.

I just did a little search on this issue. Depending on the state, not
only might she have insurance problems, she might also have employment
problems. Not common, but still possible, depending on circumstances. I
would suggest Harry's idea about maintaining anonymity might be best.
There is federal legislation to address this, but . . .

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/353/9/865

Thanks for your time. That's a good site with some good info.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
P Fritz

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On 31 Oct 2005 10:12:35 -0800, wrote:

thunder wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:20:47 -0500, PocoLoco wrote:

Thanks for quoting Harry's response. It seems to lend credence to

what my
daughter has heard.

I just did a little search on this issue. Depending on the state, not
only might she have insurance problems, she might also have employment
problems. Not common, but still possible, depending on circumstances.

would suggest Harry's idea about maintaining anonymity might be best.
There is federal legislation to address this, but . . .

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/353/9/865

But seeing how NOYB lives in Naples, and is the best at everything
there ever way, he knows everything, so the federal government couldn't
possibly be right.

STFU, Kevin.

"there ever way"???? Should I "assimilate" that kevin has grasped basic
english?

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

Bill McKee

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:20:47 -0500, PocoLoco wrote:

Thanks for quoting Harry's response. It seems to lend credence to what
my
daughter has heard.

I just did a little search on this issue. Depending on the state, not
only might she have insurance problems, she might also have employment
problems. Not common, but still possible, depending on circumstances. I
would suggest Harry's idea about maintaining anonymity might be best.
There is federal legislation to address this, but . . .

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/353/9/865

Since John's daughter is already insured under a group policy, she can
never be rejected (or quoted a higher premium) by another group because
she is protected by COBRA.

She *could* have problems with medically underwritten individual plans
though.

She has a big problem if the husband has to leave a group plan to a
individual / family plan. If the group also offers individual, then you can
change plans, They can raise the rates for her, but they have to insure
her. If they do not offer an individual plan, then after COBRA she goes on
HIPPA. Lots of dollars for very little coverage. My wife is on Lipator,
and had been on for 2 months when COBRA ran out, so we in a $1700 / month
HIPPA, with 4k deductible and no office visits.

Bill McKee

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:20:47 -0500, PocoLoco wrote:

Thanks for quoting Harry's response. It seems to lend credence to what
my
daughter has heard.
I just did a little search on this issue. Depending on the state, not
only might she have insurance problems, she might also have employment
problems. Not common, but still possible, depending on circumstances.
would suggest Harry's idea about maintaining anonymity might be best.
There is federal legislation to address this, but . . .

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/353/9/865

Since John's daughter is already insured under a group policy, she can
never be rejected (or quoted a higher premium) by another group because
she is protected by COBRA.

She *could* have problems with medically underwritten individual plans
though.

A. I wouldn't bet on anything in perpetuity.

B. Protected by COBRA? You mean paying COBRA rates? That's hardly
protection, and it expires.

Most is 10% over the employers price. To cover administrative costs. If
the employer goes BK, then no COBRA. 18 months coverage. The you go on
HIPPA. Price will give you a heart attack, and you will not need it for
long.

C. If there is a change in employment and a change in insurers, the new
insurer will have access to medical records.

But the Group plan will be at about the same rate as the rest of the
company.

D. The best protection remains a universal health payment card issued by
the federal government.

BS. The best is a plan that requires the providers to provide at the best
rate to a cash paying customer. Also, give coverage at a high deductible to
all at a decent rate. Universal health would be like MediCal in California.
The people on MediCal go to the doctor for everything. Costs them nada. If
you have a universal health plan, make the first 5 visits or so a year a
$100 deductible. Stop the abuse of the medical system.

PocoLoco

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:55:27 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]