Default Fitzgerald a Pol Hack

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

At the time the prosecutor began investigating the retaliatory "outing"
of Valerie Plame, the (alleged) crime of lying under oath to the grand
jury had not yet been committed.

Retaliatory outing? What were they retaliating for? Could it be for the
illegal politically motivated activities of the Wilsons?

--
Skipper

See how easy this is? As long as we have agreed that the outing was
"retaliatory", the question of whether she was outed at all is also
carried, is it not?

What an interesting, tragic, turn of events. It's much like the early
days of Watergate. Too bad, also. It effectively knee caps GWB for the
rest of his term, and even though he's a terrible president
representing a selfish and destructive contingent of the far right he
is still the only president we've got until 2009.

We'll never have antoher president that isn't prone to doing, or
surrounding himself with people who do, dishonest things. To get
elected to that office, and often to get reelected, one must play by
some very unfair and vicious rules. The newly elected presidents fill
the top positions in the administration with "pay-back" jobs for the
people who proved more unscrupulous and ruthless than their opponents
and who (through the political process) have nearly always demonstrated
that they have no difficulty lying to the American public en masse.

Scooter Libby was one of the original New American Century gang. If he
is convicted, may he spend his New American Century in jail.

Default Gould's Position on LRC Vessels

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

Scooter Libby was one of the original New American Century gang. If he
is convicted, may he spend his New American Century in jail.

A bit surprised you'd like to see incompetent lying charlatans go to
jail. Thought you might have some sort of fraternal affinity for
them...birds of a feather, or some such, don't you know.

BTW, care to quantify your earlier position that one *must* have a
$500,000 Nordhavn or better to safely and comfortably cruise Alaska to
the Cortez and back? We'd really like to see you detail why vessels
selling for under $200,000 cannot accomplish that task. And finally, do
you think such a voyage is better handled by power or sail?

--
Skipper

Poor Psuedo. As soon as the discussion of current events seems not to
be going his way, he changes the header on the thread and takes up an
unwarranted personal attack.

Accomplished seapersons can cruise around the world in a walnut shell,
Psuedo.

Why would *you* need a Krogen, or Nordhavn, or other full displacement
deep draft boat for coastal cruising between Cabo and the Gulf of
Alaska?
Because you lack the knowledge and physical agility to sail, and you
probably can't afford the type of vessel you truly belong on- a
passenger liner. One has to compare the experience of the skipper with
the anticipated voyage to see whether the prospective vessel makes any
sense. Sir Francis Chichester sailed around the world in
"Gypsy Moth" (14-16 feet?). When a guy from East Outhouse, KS, (with a
boating resume that consists primarily of making up stories about
trailering a 22-foot Bayliner to the Gulf of California and riding out
hurricanes), says he wants to go cruising offshore no responsible
person is going to encourage him to do so in a clapped-out old
high-hours semi-displacement inland waterways boat- and "Gypsy Moth" is
out of the question entirely.

You might consider flying all around the world and taking some Carnival
or
NCL cruises. They even have special venues for seniors. You could get a
cabin on the main deck, so your bad knees wouldn't be required to climb
stairs as often. Those monster floating hotels are large enough that
even an aquaphobic might feel comfortable, and just think of the
stories you could tell about your experiences "boating" in the
Caribbean, the Med, Polynesia, etc!

Smith Smithers

Skipper,

What is your preference for a bluewater boat? What do you look for in a
true cruising boat. I would assume you prefer a sailboat, but do you prefer
a full keel for stability in bad weather or a modified keel for great speed
and ability to point higher? What would you considered the minimum size for
2 people to comfortable live on board?

Has your wife ever sail in heavy weather? I know my wife always felt
comfortable on a powerboat, but would freak out whenever the sailboat
heeled.

"Skipper" wrote in message

BTW, care to quantify your earlier position that one *must* have a
$500,000 Nordhavn or better to safely and comfortably cruise Alaska to
the Cortez and back? We'd really like to see you detail why vessels
selling for under $200,000 cannot accomplish that task. And finally, do
you think such a voyage is better handled by power or sail?

You lack the knowledge and physical agility to sail, and you
probably can't afford the type of vessel you truly belong on- a
passenger liner. When a guy from East Outhouse, KS, (with a
boating resume that consists primarily of making up stories about
trailering a 22-foot Bayliner to the Gulf of California and riding out
hurricanes), says he wants to go cruising offshore no responsible
person is going to encourage him to do so. You might consider flying
all around the world and taking some Carnival or NCL cruises. They even
have special venues for seniors. Those monster floating hotels are
large enough that even an aquaphobic might feel comfortable...

Appreciate this demonstration of your knowledge on the subject. It does
tend to reinforce the points some have been noting about you.

--
Skipper

Skipper

Smith Smithers wrote:

Skipper,

What is your preference for a bluewater boat?

Check your email inbox.

--
Skipper

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

[...]

The points I just noted about you include:

1) When the discussion appears to be going against you, you change the
header and hijack the thread to personal attack.

That's fine. Everybody has some area in which they are an expert. Yours
is
apparent, and demonstrated yet again in this thread, Psuedo.

Default Some really funny items from the archives:

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Thought I'd try changing the header myself. :-)

Two interesting comments from 1999......

The first, from August 1999....

Gee, sorry there "Skipper" I take it you don't like it when people
actually
notice the distortions you fabricate. FYI DW stands for Dennis Woodcock
-
that's my name. You really shouldn't manufacture quotes though, it
makes you
look very petty. It's simple enough to cut and paste a quote without
making
one up, just send me an E-Mail if you need help with it, I'll do my
best to
explain it to you. BTW with that Dim Wit crack you've slain me with
your
rapier wit. You are like a genius...only not as smart. :-)

The second, from the same thread........

Auckie1962 wrote:
H Krause wrote:
I don't recall a post from SlipKnot indicating he has ever piloted his extra
long range daycruiser in "the ocean."

I've managed to stay neutral on this subject during my 2+ years here,,,but
I do seem to remember Skipper posting about
going to sea with NUMEROUS 5 gallon cans of fuel strapped to the deck of the
Bayliner to extend cruising range.
(I believe it some insane number of jugs,,,,like twenty or more !!)
I remember thinking at the time (@ early last summer) what an odd (and
dangerous !!) sight that must have been,,,,Big Malotov cocktail waiting to
happen!!!.
Still trying to be neutral,, (and testing my memory,,- Auckie

Ahhh, but....
....that alleged trip was in the Gulf of California, *not* an ocean by
any
stretch of even Skipper's imagination.
And forget not, he also claimed to be carrying at the same time an
offshore
life raft. He probably filled it with hydrogen.
All this on a 22' day cruiser with a tiny cockpit astern of the
steering
console.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Libby is not an incompetent. But you are. I suspect he lied to provide
cover for his criminal boss, Dickless Cheney.

Truly sad to see your obviously diminished skills.

--
Skipper