Terry Spragg

Default Americans suffering in South Florida

Harry Krause wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of them.
Might as well be living in the third or fourth world.

One thing puzzles me. Well, OK more than one, but...

How is it that there is so much apparent difficulty with obtaining
gas in the area?

Even if all the inground tanks are flooded, would it not be possible
for gas tankers to dispense gas at any location? In an emergency,
why can not a gas tanker show up at a mall or somewhere and provide
this, an essential service? A few such mobile emergency vehicles
could be in a strategic reserve for such emergencies. Certainly, our
military would never be stalled for want of such a facility, would it?

Or would incapacitated business operators complain too loudly? Or,
do they not need such service, being able to pump enough fuel for
their own needs? Essential businesses have a responsibility, and
their licenses to operate could be made dependant on their ability
to carry on despite emergencies. Isn't there some kind of homeland
security department that could insist on this?

For that matter, why can not an independant enterpreneur or
contractor market gas from a tanker trailer parked in the mall?

Such "Gypsy" style gas sales capability would be one way to increase
competition in the marketing of gas, provided anyone with a tax
number had the right to shop refinery yards for a thousand gallons
of gas, or more, for cash, or even debit, credit, or on account. I
realize there are hazards, but I expect something could be done,
like providing a drip catching plastic ground sheet, absorbants,
serious fire extinguisher equipment, etc.

I personally believe gas stations should not market anything not
directly related to servicing consumable vehiclular requirements,
other than perhaps coffee for customers awaiting service such as
attendant refuelling, oil checks, tire inflation, windshield or auto
washing, waxing, vacuuming interiors, lamp replacements, brake fluid
replenishments, antifreeze or coolant water, etc. Remember the good
old days, when such was a competitive incentive to use one or
another gas station? Did we kill that service attitude for the sake
of 2 cents a gallon savings for pumping our own gas?

It might enable small convenience stores and quicky marts to compete
in the milk and bread market without having to face down
conglomerate combines unfairly and covertly monopolizing gasoline
marketing.

Terry K

offen rong

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message
.. .
Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

I wonder why gas stations don't have back up electric generators available
for pumping gas. You probably couldn't take credit cards, but cash would
certainly work. Even the state could get involved and place generators at
selected gas stations. Or some type of hand pump to get the gas up out of
the ground. They had these kinds of pumps for years before electric ones
came into use.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Terry Spragg wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of them.
Might as well be living in the third or fourth world.

One thing puzzles me. Well, OK more than one, but...

How is it that there is so much apparent difficulty with obtaining gas in
the area?

No electricity at the gas pumps.

And that is FEMA's fault?

FEMA is supposed to provide generators to private gas stations? I suppose
that it would just be easier to eliminate the middle man, and make all gas
stations government-owned, eh?

Jack Goff

Terry Spragg wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of them.
Might as well be living in the third or fourth world.

One thing puzzles me. Well, OK more than one, but...

How is it that there is so much apparent difficulty with obtaining gas in
the area?

No electricity at the gas pumps.

And that is FEMA's fault?

FEMA is supposed to provide generators to private gas stations? I suppose
that it would just be easier to eliminate the middle man, and make all gas
stations government-owned, eh?

Banish the thought. We'd have color-coded gas cards... the wealthy
would pay $10 a gallon, and the poor would get it for free. Just like
taxes... and when the gas went on sale for 10% off, the democrats
would scream that the wealthy were the only ones getting a break.

What... give the poor a buck for every gallon they pump?
*JimH*

Terry Spragg wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of them.
Might as well be living in the third or fourth world.

One thing puzzles me. Well, OK more than one, but...

How is it that there is so much apparent difficulty with obtaining gas
in the area?

No electricity at the gas pumps.

And that is FEMA's fault?

FEMA is supposed to provide generators to private gas stations? I
suppose that it would just be easier to eliminate the middle man, and
make all gas stations government-owned, eh?

Banish the thought. We'd have color-coded gas cards... the wealthy
would pay $10 a gallon, and the poor would get it for free. Just like
taxes... and when the gas went on sale for 10% off, the democrats
would scream that the wealthy were the only ones getting a break.

What... give the poor a buck for every gallon they pump?

It's always nice to see right-wing trash like Jackoff exposing their true
feelings about the poor.

When the revolution comes, Jackoff, your head surely will be on a pike.

Harry, why do you attack the person rather than address the issue being
discussed?

Smith Smithers

NOYB,
Make sure those gas stations are controlled by a central federal government.
We wouldn't want any local or state governments to screw up.

.net...

Terry Spragg wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of them.
Might as well be living in the third or fourth world.

One thing puzzles me. Well, OK more than one, but...

How is it that there is so much apparent difficulty with obtaining gas
in the area?

No electricity at the gas pumps.

And that is FEMA's fault?

FEMA is supposed to provide generators to private gas stations? I suppose
that it would just be easier to eliminate the middle man, and make all gas
stations government-owned, eh?

Smith Smithers

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
When the revolution comes, Jackoff, your head surely will be on a pike.

Harry,
Don't you think you would benefit from consoling? You would probably feel
better if you were able to control some of this rage.

PocoLoco

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:12:45 -0300, Terry Spragg
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

Gasoline tank trucks have large hoses with large nozzles and are gravity fed.
Without some modifications, they'd not be able to fill automobiles. They *don't*
have automatic shut-offs!

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan
PocoLoco

Terry Spragg wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

Harry has more sense than God gave a goose. How much more is the question.