thunder

Default OT--Major news that barely makes the news

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:24:34 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

"Our news media" must have, or we wouldn't be discussing it now, would we? ;-)
thunder

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:30:10 +0000, NOYB wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4351680.stm

Ah, yes. Talk of "fraud" was all over the news last week. But that's old
news. Which brings up another point: where are the news organizations
that carried the "fraud" story now that the Iraqi election commission
*AND* an independent UN commission certified that the vote was fair?

Since it was a BBC link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4375160.stm

But then, that to is old news. Today's news:

Doug Kanter

"thunder" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:24:34 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

"Our news media" must have, or we wouldn't be discussing it now, would we?
;-)

Uh oh. Logic. :-)

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:11:04 -0400, *JimH* wrote:

The good news is never covered by the news organizations........they are
more interested in celebrating and rejoicing in 2,000 deaths in Iraq.
Turn on most any TV network or cable channel today and you will see
first
hand.

It may be a little early to call the passing of the constitution "good
news". From the voting, it's clear that the Sunnis are not happy with
it,
and as they are the main source of the insurgents, it will take some time
to see if it's passing has any effect. Still, the fact that they voted
is
a positive sign.

Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

Ya know...in the past, I've used the term "grownup news sources" in messages
to you, and you've usually found it condescending. But, I think you're
beginning to see that I'm right. You do not know where to find grownup news
sources.

DSK

It may be a little early to call the passing of the constitution "good
news". From the voting, it's clear that the Sunnis are not happy with it,
and as they are the main source of the insurgents, it will take some time
to see if it's passing has any effect. Still, the fact that they voted is
a positive sign.

Funny thing, it looks like they didn't really vote a constitution into
effect. They voted that they want a different one than what they're
getting.

NOYB wrote:
Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a pretty
sad sign.

Says who? It was in our local paper (very conservative) trumpeted as yet
another triumph of Bush-Cheney foreign policy, and was other news
including NPR.

DSK

NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:24:34 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

"Our news media" must have, or we wouldn't be discussing it now, would we?
;-)

No. I dug it up on a Turkish news website.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"thunder" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:24:34 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

"Our news media" must have, or we wouldn't be discussing it now, would
we? ;-)

Uh oh. Logic. :-)

Check again. My link was to a Turkish news website.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I know that you're right. But NPR ain't one of them.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

Well, that's where I heard about the elections, Einstein. Now, think of set
theory which everyone but you learned in junior high school math. Think of
the set defined as (to use your words) "our news media". Explain why NPR
does not fall into that defined set.

Doug Kanter

NOYB wrote:
Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

Says who? It was in our local paper (very conservative) trumpeted as yet
another triumph of Bush-Cheney foreign policy, and was other news
including NPR.

DSK

Also on our local trash AM station, which uses a CBS news feed.