D-unit

Default Ping== Gene K.

Hey buddy,

We are officially boating out of Holden Beach now. I didn't know how
good things were on OI till I put in down here over the weekend.
The Wildlife ramp is extremely steep (its right under the bridge)
There is almost no parking to speak of and it puts you right in the ICW
into traffic/current.

Hope you and family are doing well.

Don B.

p.s. Lockwood Folly inlet really blows at low tide

D-unit

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

snip

p.s. Lockwood Folly inlet really blows at low tide

And it ain't gonna get any better until the Corps of Engineers gets
their dredging money. I'd be afraid of trusting those buoys, too. That
is one dangerous inlet.... seems like somebody gets killed there ever
year or two.

Uh...thats nice to know.

My depth finder was reading less than 5' in some places. I already miss
blasting
around the corner of Caswell beach out into the Atlantic without a care in
the world.

Good to hear from you! Let me know when you are down again and we'll
do something together. Last time I saw you the boat was acting up...
found out I had a collapsed vent line. My son and I spent a couple of
days and put in all new fuel and vent hoses... running like a top
again.....

Time well spent. I did that a couple years back as well.

How's the fishing?

Not too good... I don't know where to fish down here now. I had
some great fishing spots up your way but feel like a ....fish out of water
down here... I guess I'll have to either run up your way to catch anything
or do some serious trial & error fishing down here in the coming months.

Actually I've been down there almost every weekend for the last couple
months
remodeling the place we bought. I've just been too busy to have any fun.

Talk to ya soon.

Don B.
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Homepage
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide