Gorf

Default 4.3 mercruiser - again

I have asked a few questions about this boat this past summer and ya'll have
been a great help.

How about this one:

I put a new long block in the boat this summer and it was running just fine
and I about had it broken in when this next problem popped up. In rough
water the engine cuts in and out. When I put it on the trailer with a hose
on the out drive, if I get in the boat and rock very hard side-to-side I can
get the motor to cut in and out. Bouncing up and down does not seem to do
it. I have checked all the wiring and have not found anything suspicious.
It sure sounds like a wiring problem any ideas where to look??

--
Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it,even if I have
said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Gorf

"JR North" wrote in message
Low carb float level.
JR

Checked it - not to say that it isn't, but I don't think so.

One other piece of the puzzle that doesn't make sense. The boat has back
seat that goes all the way across. The back lifts up to gain access. When
I close it very hard the engine will also cut out for a second.

Bill McKee

"Gorf" wrote in message
om...

"JR North" wrote in message
Low carb float level.
JR

Checked it - not to say that it isn't, but I don't think so.

One other piece of the puzzle that doesn't make sense. The boat has back
seat that goes all the way across. The back lifts up to gain access.
When
I close it very hard the engine will also cut out for a second.

Loose / bad seated electical plug. Reach in and shake all the different
wire looms when you are running the motor.

Dan Krueger

Gorf wrote:
"JR North" wrote in message

Low carb float level.
JR

Checked it - not to say that it isn't, but I don't think so.

One other piece of the puzzle that doesn't make sense. The boat has back
seat that goes all the way across. The back lifts up to gain access. When
I close it very hard the engine will also cut out for a second.

I would think that anything that abrupt would have to be electrical
rather than fuel related. Check all of your wires. Maybe it's
something inside the distributor?

Dan

Gorf

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
. net...
Gorf wrote:
"JR North" wrote in message

Low carb float level.
JR

Checked it - not to say that it isn't, but I don't think so.

One other piece of the puzzle that doesn't make sense. The boat has

back
seat that goes all the way across. The back lifts up to gain access.

When
I close it very hard the engine will also cut out for a second.

I would think that anything that abrupt would have to be electrical
rather than fuel related. Check all of your wires. Maybe it's
something inside the distributor?

Dan

Hadn't thought about the distributor, that is a real possibility especially
considering I have had it out a number of times.