*JimH*

Default L'affaire de Mme. Palme

in which we find that Judith Miller turns out to not only be a
connected Washington insider, but actually wrote a book on WMDs and
knows most the characters involved personally.

It also turns out that the book makes quite the case on Iraq's
potential for WMDs.

And, this is really good, here is a quote about Judith Miller from the
blog article.

"That being the case, how is it possible that with all the people she
knew in Washington, in the White House, in the CIA in the military,
that she didn't know that Ambassador Wilson's wife was in the CIA as
well? It would not take very long to play a game of "six degrees of
separation" with the people she has outlined in the book to come up
with a direct link to Valerie Plame and Joseph Wilson."

http://varifrank.com/archives/2005/1..._the_dan_1.php

Wheels within wheels within wheels all turning and spinning.

Who are your favorite authors Tom? You seem to be well read.

*JimH*

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:40:11 -0400, " *JimH*" wrote:

. ..
[...]

In terms of what? I read a lot of blogs, some everyday stuff, some
political (left/center/right), I really enjoy scifi, biographies - I
have a technical library that I use to refresh on this and that and
what ever catches my fancy at Barnes and Noble. I read the NYT,
Washington Post, Boston Herald daily and other regional dailies as I
have time.

My favorite historical genre is naval stuff - Forrester, Kent, O'Brian
and I enjoyed most of the Sharpe's series by Bernard Cornwall.

My all time favorite historical/naval novel is "Master Mariner" by
Nicholas Monsarrat who just happens to be my favorite author because
of his "Life is A Four Letter Word" which is quite a read. He has
written a lot of great books, "Cruel Sea" being perhaps his most
famous, but not his best by a long shot.

As to light reading, I'm a military scifi nut - Laumer, Heinlein,
Dietz, Ringo, Niven, Drake, but only a little as I think most of his
stuff is more of the same again and again, and Weber, but not his
Honor Harrington series because it's just plain silly. Regular scifi
attracts me only occasionally - I'm particularly fond of Terry
Pratchett and his Discworld series and other books by him. I do like
fantasy, but it's got to be more action/adventure oriented than magic,
witches, swords and sorcery.

that's the long and short of it.

I try to keep up with the latest news on line and get front door delivery of
the Wall Street Journal and my local rag (Cleveland Plain Dealer).

On a recreational basis I am into general stuff including Patricia Cornwall
but always loved Steven King..