DownTime

Default 2-stroke oil

I have a question for all those 2-strokers out here. We have a 2004
Yahama 300 HPDI on a boat with an 80 gallon fuel tank. I have a couple
of gallons of gas, in cans, which has had 2-stroke (regular chain saw
type) oil mixed in. I have no need for the couple of gallons of leftover
gas. Without wanting to simply pour it out, I am considering pouring it
into the boat's fuel tank and hoping it will be absorbed without any
problems.

I've been told by a local boat caption I know that it would be better to
simply pour that same fuel into my vehicles tank and burn it up that
way. I have never considered this, but the end result is I want to
dispose of this fuel in the manner to result in least possible future
problems.

My primary concern is any possible negative impact to either of the
engines, both of which are still under warranty.

DownTime wrote:
[...]

At the end of the season, I always have mixed two stroke gas in my
boat, and I don't like using old gas the following season, so I use it
in my riding lawn mower. Barely even smokes, and it runs perfectly with
it. So, dump it in your lawn mower.

Ed

I took 3 gallons of 4-6 mo old 2 cycle gas and put it in my explorer...
Luckily it was under warranty as it clogged up a couple injectors... Not
sure how or why or if it was a total coincidence but I won't do it
again....

I do dump it in my carborated 125 HP Merc and have never had a problem.
No smoking or anything but the most I have dumped is 3-4 gallons
into a 50 gallon tank.

Don White wrote:
wrote:

DownTime wrote:

[...]

This spring, I took 10 liters of last years 2 stroke gas to a hazards
materials depot.
This year, I only have 4 liters left over. I may put half in my
mini-van gas tank each of the next two fill ups. My brother-in-law says
a small amount shouldn't hurt the catalytic converter of anything else.

you are kidding, right?

I wouldnt put any oil in the gas for DFI motors... Your 300 HP motor
should be worth more than salvaging a few gallons of mix ... run it in
your chainsaw or lawnmower ..

I also dont know why chainsaw 2 stroke oil would have any busines in a
colder running outboard ...

Matt

whatever you do. Do not run the oil in your 25000$ HPDI motor, unless
you have more of those motors sitting around

Dont listen to the "My uncle's friend has been doing this for the last
20 years and its fine" crowd.