Default For those who take fishing seriously

Harry Krause wrote:
I stumbled across an interesting NZ fishing site and
as I was paging through its pages, I came across this:

http://tinyurl.com/cye7v

It's a two hook rig to hold a small baitfish more or less horizontal at
the bottom. Probably would work in the stream, too.

Check it out.

That's interesting. It's a lot like our drop shot method, except for
the two hooks. I've used the drop shot in river current for smallies,
but mostly in lakes.

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
I stumbled across an interesting NZ fishing site and
as I was paging through its pages, I came across this:

http://tinyurl.com/cye7v

It's a two hook rig to hold a small baitfish more or less horizontal at
the bottom. Probably would work in the stream, too.

Check it out.

That's interesting. It's a lot like our drop shot method, except for
the two hooks. I've used the drop shot in river current for smallies,
but mostly in lakes.

It's the two hook rig with, apparently, some sort of stiff plastic line,
that keeps the baitfish horizontal in the water column. I like the idea
because it allows a more natural presentation of the bait when you're
fishing with a sinker.

Next time you're up on the river, try drop shot with a night crawler
for smallies. Works very well some places.