Default Can One Or Two Men Move a 2700-lb Boat/Trailer?

I am looking for buying a 17-ft fiberglass boat. I am wondering whether
one or two men can use manpower alone to move the boat/trailer around
on dry land. The combined weight of the boat/motor/trailer is around
2700-lb.

I have an empty space right next to my garage that has a triangular
shape. The boat/trailer should fit perfectly in that triangular shape
if the trailer is moved into the space head first. The problem is that
the only way to move the trailer head first into that space is to use
manpower alone. The reason is that there is no space for a car to tow
the trailer into that space. I am hoping that one or two average men
will be able to man handle the trailer and move it into that space.

Does any one ever try this before?

Is there another way to move the boat/trailer in place within the
limited space?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Don White

wrote:
[...]

I bought a 'trailer dolly' for my sailboat/trailer combination of approx
1800 lbs. Very easy to move on flat ground by myself. My driveway has
a grade leading back to the garage so I have to be careful I don't let
the boat pick up speed going downhill or it will get away from me, and I
can just pull it up the light grade from a standing position if I grunt,
bite my tongue & groan a bit. Princess Auto has a $ 500.00 CDN electric
trailer dolly that would be just the ticket. I understand some boat
dealers use them to move boats around on their lot.
HotRod

Just because I stumbled across both of these this morning here is a link to
building a trailer dolly

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...trailer_dolly/