Eisboch

Default Damn dam dammit

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote in message

My damn dam runneth over

http://www.swsports.org/images/damnbreach.jpg

Whoa! That looks serious. House ok? Shall I send a school bus?

Eisboch

John Gaquin

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Whoa! That looks serious. House ok? Shall I send a school bus?

Now hold on there! its the Federals' job!! They should already be in
there -- haven't they provided you with relief supplies, Short?

PocoLoco

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:43:33 -0400, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Whoa! That looks serious. House ok? Shall I send a school bus?

Now hold on there! its the Federals' job!! They should already be in
there -- haven't they provided you with relief supplies, Short?

He won't tell them where to put his new trailer.
--
John H

thunder

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:47:35 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Nope - and President Bush hasn't shared my pain either. I expected him to
personally come and reinstall the control gate, but he didn't.

Careful what you wish for. There's a small lake around here, with maybe
20 houses on it. The dam washed out several years ago, and it is still
not fixed. The problem, the newer federal regulations on dams make it too
costly for the few households to rebuild. No more backyard fishing, but
there is a nice expansive meadow to look at.
PocoLoco

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:23:11 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:45:07 -0400, thunder
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:47:35 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Nope - and President Bush hasn't shared my pain either. I expected him to
personally come and reinstall the control gate, but he didn't.

Careful what you wish for. There's a small lake around here, with maybe
20 houses on it. The dam washed out several years ago, and it is still
not fixed. The problem, the newer federal regulations on dams make it too
costly for the few households to rebuild. No more backyard fishing, but
there is a nice expansive meadow to look at.

Actually the State DEP doesn't have a choice. It's all part of my
Open Space contract for not developing the property. It was back in
the more wet lands the better days.

The DEP is actually pretty good about it. I had a leak about ten
years ago, they came, zipped some hydraulic cement into it, bolstered
the base - took one day and it was done.

I've heard that they now share responsibility with the ACoE - don't
know - we'll see. I haven't been up there today yet to see what
happened - too much water moving through there yesterday.

The Corps Cares.
--
John H