*JimH*

Default And the winner of the most ridiculous and overpriced boat award is.............

...........Crownline, for building a 31.5 foot *Bowrider*!

http://www.crownline.com/models04/mo...p?id=316_ls_05

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/2.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/3.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/4.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/5.jpg

A 31.5 foot bowrider? What the hell were these folks thinking?

JamesgangNC

I think it's just a sign of a changing market. More people are interested
in a fair weather day outing. In that situation bow riders have more usable
space. Bigger just means you can take more friends. Imho boats with cabins
are clastrophobic in anything under about 28 ft anyway.

" *JimH*" wrote in message
..........Crownline, for building a 31.5 foot *Bowrider*!

http://www.crownline.com/models04/mo...p?id=316_ls_05

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/2.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/3.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/4.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/5.jpg

A 31.5 foot bowrider? What the hell were these folks thinking?

Doug Kanter

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message
..........Crownline, for building a 31.5 foot *Bowrider*!

http://www.crownline.com/models04/mo...p?id=316_ls_05

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/2.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/3.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/4.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/5.jpg

A 31.5 foot bowrider? What the hell were these folks thinking?

It seems imminently impractical, to me. I don't think it will
reasonably carry any more people that the 19 footer... unless they are
below decks... and below the aft seating area... next to or above the
engines doesn't look good. Anyway, that aft area looks dangerous for
use while under way. I think I'd be more prone to claustrophobia back
there than I would in a cuddy. 640 HP with 150 gallons of gas? About
3.5 hours of joy at $500 plus? I think I'll pass on that little
$127,000+ bundle of joy.

It's the nautical equivalent of a Lincoln Navigator, which proves once again
that P.T. Barnum was correct.

*JimH* wrote:
..........Crownline, for building a 31.5 foot *Bowrider*!

http://www.crownline.com/models04/mo...p?id=316_ls_05

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/2.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/3.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/4.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/5.jpg

A 31.5 foot bowrider? What the hell were these folks thinking?

Guess you've never been in a cabin, in summer, in the south, huh?

*JimH*

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

A bowrider is an inland lake boat and is not fit for even the Great Lakes
because of the possibility of the bow driving down in large seas with water
filling the bow and swamping the boat. The boat is not self draining but
relies solely on a bilge pump. The aft seating, as you noted, is a total
waste of space.

I do not see the benefits of this boat as compared to a basic 21 foot
bowrider selling for $75,000+ less.

JamesgangNC

Thought you just bought a bowrider and use it in the great lakes? Aren't
you up there in the great white north as we southerners call it?

Not that I don't agree about a bowrider and waves, a bow rider is a fair
weather boat only. When the waves are so bad that I'm worried about taking
them over the bow then I'm not boating.

" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

*JimH*

"JamesgangNC" wrote in message
link.net...
Thought you just bought a bowrider and use it in the great lakes? Aren't
you up there in the great white north as we southerners call it?

"

Nope. Mine is a cuddy.

Not that I don't agree about a bowrider and waves, a bow rider is a fair
weather boat only. When the waves are so bad that I'm worried about
taking them over the bow then I'm not boating.

Neither am I....but sometimes storms happen unexpectedly as can rogue waves
from passing boats. If you bury the bow or take a couple of waves into the
bow with a bowrider you better start praying. ;-)

" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

*JimH*

"JamesgangNC" wrote in message
nk.net...
There you go :-)

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
..........Crownline, for building a 31.5 foot *Bowrider*!

http://www.crownline.com/models04/mo...p?id=316_ls_05

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/2.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/3.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/4.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/5.jpg

A 31.5 foot bowrider? What the hell were these folks thinking?

Guess you've never been in a cabin, in summer, in the south, huh?

Guess you never heard of air conditioning, huh?

Dry

" *JimH*" wrote in message
[...]

Sir that's Boating. Go but a motor home.