Starbuck's Words of Wisdom

Default Anti-Americans All

Chuck,

Imagine how Harry would respond if you said:

" I don't recall making any recent derogatory remarks about the "real"
Harry. Harry is a non-boater, (he owns a Parker 25 but rarely uses it),
Harry specialized in stirring the crap in a boating NG. Nobody would
disagree with either observation. The real Harry was also a fairly decent
guy,
despite his foibles, and while nearly everybody was laughing at him almost
all the time he was sort of like the "slow" kid back in school- you couldn't
help feeling sorry for him and would do what you could, sometimes, to make
his life a bit more bearable. "

No one could disagree with what you said, (well some would disagree with
your "a fairly decent guy"), but my guess is Harry would think your comment
was derogatory.

If the real Skipper read your post, I am sure he would think it was
derogatory.