Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
William Andersen

Default Changing oil - does it have to be warm?

Is it necessary to run the engine to get the oil warm before draining it?
By the time I get to change my oil, the boat will have been sitting for over
a month. It seems to me that all of the oil will be in the sump and should
drain right out. If I run the engine to get the oil warm, the oil will have
to drain back down to the sump again before it can be drained.