Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan J.S.

Default Yamaha Question

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
Ok, we finally broke down and added another addition to the "boat
house." A couple of weeks ago we bought a 1756SC G3 with a Yamaha 50hp
2 stoke engine.

During the shakedown cruises we have noticed that the throttle will
not stay put much over planing speed. My son has the boat now, so I
can't verify or deny what I've been told, but there is supposedly a
spring on the motor which restricts higher throttle operation without
physically holding the lever in position. This sounds like BS to me.
My experience with the 704 binnacle leads me to believe that there is
a friction lock that needs adjustment....

.....anybody have better information?

This is how my Honda 90 four stroke is... a spring brings it back from 6000
rpm back to 4000 rpm if you dont hold it down...