Wayne.B

Default CO Detectors Burning Out

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:00:57 -0400, "markj126" wrote:
I recently replaced my Marine Technologies CO detector when it went into
alternating red/green failure mode. A week later, the new unit is doing the
same thing. The battey discharged during this interval. Any advice for
either rehabilitating this unit or replacing it with something a little more
reliable?

There are at least two possibilities that I can think of. It may be
getting contaminated with something that destroys the sensor, or there
may be issues with the units design/manufacture. I have a Senco Model
One which I use on the boat in the summer and at home in the winter.
I bought it because it was highly rated by either Practical Sailor or
Consumer Reports (can't remember which one), and no problems so far.

http://www.mycoolgadgets.com/shopexd.asp?id=4