BoatBanter.com

-   -   Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here..... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5689-beam-me-up-scotty-theres-no-intelligent-life-here.html)

JR North July 22nd 04 09:29 AM

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.....

There just seems to be some politico organisms under these
rocks...

JAXAshby July 23rd 04 12:49 PM

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.....

There just seems to be some politico organisms under these
rocks...

join the gas engine thread above. there are some diesel bigots up there firm
in their ignorance that if an engine doesn't stink it isn't the right engine
for a MANly boat.

or start any thread you can think of regarding anything at all boats. Tell
people, for instance, that hull speed is NOT limited by "climbing the bow wave"
(it isn't) or that sails don't really suck a boat forward (they don't) because
sails "are rounded on one side (which also don't mean squat).

The armchair sailors will come crawling out of the woodwork, and even armchair
sailors are better company than ignorant politico's on a mission to nowhere.

basskisser July 23rd 04 02:41 PM

JR North wrote in message ...
There just seems to be some politico organisms under these
rocks...

What an intelligent and thought provoking post. NOT.

JAXAshby July 23rd 04 10:45 PM

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.....

base kisser, you write such inciteful posts. So, tell us what word or words
would *you* add or subtract to make the post "intelligent and thought
provoking" (your words)?

remember, vase****er, to keep your post in the context of sailing.

Parallax July 24th 04 04:36 AM

wrote in message
There just seems to be some politico organisms under these
rocks...

What an intelligent and thought provoking post. NOT.

Must be snowing in Hell, I agree with Jax.

Doug Kanter July 25th 04 04:03 PM

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.....

Inciteful? No such word. But, learning your native language should be
insightful for YOU. :-)

Wayne.B July 25th 04 04:58 PM

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.....

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:03:54 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
Inciteful? No such word. But, learning your native language should be
insightful for YOU. :-)

========================

Actually, I was thinking that "inciteful" might just be an apt
description for much of what goes on here :-)

Doug Kanter July 25th 04 06:24 PM

wrote:
Inciteful? No such word. But, learning your native language should be
insightful for YOU. :-)

========================

Actually, I was thinking that "inciteful" might just be an apt
description for much of what goes on here :-)

True, but poor JAX would have to string together more than one word to
convey that idea. Very difficult.

JAXAshby July 26th 04 12:39 PM

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here.....

Inciteful? No such word.

what do you mean no such word. it is right there, and *you* understood it.
which is not something that can be said of most words.

John Gaquin July 26th 04 02:28 PM

"JAXAshby" wrote in message

Inciteful? No such word.

what do you mean no such word. it is right there, and *you* understood

it.
which is not something that can be said of most words.

Jax, I think the word you are grasping for is "insightful."