Ben Gray

Default Help: OMC Trim&Tilt Hydraulics

Motor: OMC 1978 115
Problem: Tilt ram will not lift or hold position.
Will work occasionally, particularly if the motor has been in the down
position.
Generally works with some manual assistance.
Trim rams work fine, down tilt works fine.
I have put a seal kit through the tilt ram, internal bore seems OK.

I have an internal seal kit and new bypass (manual release) valve on order,
but I have the Clymer shop manual which has nothing on the hydraulics.
Would anybody be so good as to email a scan or diagram of the hydraulic
circuit?
Any other opinions or suggestions would be very welcome.
I am really racing the clock , first holiday in nearly two years starts in
twelve days and all local repair shops are booked solid.

Thanks in advance
Ben Gray