JAXAshby

Default atomic 4

I own lots of engines. I laugh at idiots who make idiotic statements about
engines.

btw, the ill-fated fishing boat in "The Perfect Storm" had what kind of engine
installed.

I guarantee you, it was a gasoline engine, according to the author of the book.

So, was it a gas engine or a diesel or a steam engine or a nuclear reactor?

bla keys is gonna tell us, right?

From: "
Date: 7/6/2004 11:07 AM Eastern Standard Time
On 06 Jul 2004 03:44:29 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

want an diesel? be sure to carry your spare anchor at the ready in the
cockpit. Atomic 4 owners have no idea why you do that but you can feel smug
telling *that* is in case your engine quits.

Let me guess, Jax owns an A4 so it's the best possible engine. When
Jax is able to get a diesel, he'll cuss A4s for the rest of his life.

bb

Jim

-- lots of knowledge there

2) Go to WWW moyermarine.com and get his A4 manual -- more
information than you will ever need; $50, but worth 10x as much.

Don is a great guy and will often give free advice over the
phone. He'll also do a rebuild if you need it.

The A4 is a wondrous machine -- you will swear at it, mash
knuckles, contort your body into positions you didn't think
possible, but in the end it will be like an old friend, and
someday you will be just a little sad to move on

martin v pool wrote:
I have bought a 30 year old sailboat with an atomic 4 engine. It ran
last fall but was not properly winterized. How do I check it while its
in drydock? Thoughts on replacement if its cooked?