Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gould 0738

Default Any ready-reservists here?

Hopefully, the majority of those called will be Bush supporters. Let
them share in the joys of Bush's nasty little war.

That's awful. Nobody should be drafted, Bush supporter or not.

If this weren't an election year, we'd be seeing a draft. Instead, we're
calling back
40 and 50-year old guys who have already been honorably discharged, may even
have a military pension, and who have certainly earned the right to live the
rest of their lives without excessive government intrusion. Businesses,
careers, families, etc all go on hold.

Talk about giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Don't even say "lberals
do....."
When we make a loud public announcement about having to send the press gang to
round up the toothless old grey hairs to continue the war in Iraq, that has to
encourage the hell out of the enemy. It sounds like we're running out of
manpower.

More of the same non-logic from our government. We can increase discretionary
government spending by 30% in 3 1/2 years *and* have a huge tax cut.
We can occupy a large country, say that doing so presents a credible threat to
other bad actors that we stand ready to invade their countries too, *and* cut
military benefits while avoiding mandatory enlistments (and apparently
scrambling to plug the holes in the front line with any available bodies).

If we hope to kill every Muslim on the planet, as many suggest, we are going to
need a lot more people than we have.
(I would say, eliminate the terrorist individuals instead of the "terrorist
race/religion", and we can do that without
expanding the war or imposing universal service).