BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anyone have a 13" Whaler on a lift? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5303-anyone-have-13%22-whaler-lift.html)

[email protected] June 29th 04 10:05 PM

Anyone have a 13" Whaler on a lift?

Greetings,

I just bought a new (to me) 13' Whaler Sport, and need to put it on a
pole lift. I've been looking at the galvanized Tide Tamer 1,200#
model, as they show my exact boat sitting on one on their web site.

What I can't decide is whether to go with the 1,200# or 1,500#
version. The boat and motor evidently weight 800 pounds, so the
1,200# version seems to have sufficient capacity.

What kind of lift are you using?

Thanks!

jps June 29th 04 11:45 PM

Anyone have a 13" Whaler on a lift?

In article ,
says...
Greetings,

I just bought a new (to me) 13' Whaler Sport, and need to put it on a
pole lift. I've been looking at the galvanized Tide Tamer 1,200#
model, as they show my exact boat sitting on one on their web site.

What I can't decide is whether to go with the 1,200# or 1,500#
version. The boat and motor evidently weight 800 pounds, so the
1,200# version seems to have sufficient capacity.

What kind of lift are you using?

Thanks!

Be careful when judging weight on a Whaler 'cause they can come in
anywhere between the advertised dry weight and approx. 3 times from
water absorption, additional gear, etc.

Best thing to do is weigh it if you can. Also, sturdier gear will give
you peace of mind. God forbid you have to launch the whaler in less
than hospitable conditions while it's being pitched about...

Great Whaler resource is:
http://continuouswave.com/cgi-
bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

jps

jps June 30th 04 12:46 AM

Anyone have a 13" Whaler on a lift?

In article ,
says...
Greetings,

I just bought a new (to me) 13' Whaler Sport, and need to put it on a
pole lift. I've been looking at the galvanized Tide Tamer 1,200#
model, as they show my exact boat sitting on one on their web site.

What I can't decide is whether to go with the 1,200# or 1,500#
version. The boat and motor evidently weight 800 pounds, so the
1,200# version seems to have sufficient capacity.

What kind of lift are you using?

Thanks!

Now that I read your post again, you don't say whether the pole lift is
land or boat-based...

jps

[email protected] June 30th 04 01:44 AM

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:46:14 -0700, jps wrote:

In article ,
says...
Greetings,

I just bought a new (to me) 13' Whaler Sport, and need to put it on a
pole lift. I've been looking at the galvanized Tide Tamer 1,200#
model, as they show my exact boat sitting on one on their web site.

What I can't decide is whether to go with the 1,200# or 1,500#
version. The boat and motor evidently weight 800 pounds, so the
1,200# version seems to have sufficient capacity.

What kind of lift are you using?

Thanks!

Now that I read your post again, you don't say whether the pole lift is
land or boat-based...

jps

Piling mount/dock based.......Thanks for the tip on the Whaler site!!

jps June 30th 04 03:24 AM

[...]

There's a bunch of really knowledgeable nice folks there. Don't be
afraid to ask questions.

jps