Calif Bill

Default ( OT ) Abolish the terror tax

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have been
built since.

It must be the very liberal left who's sworn to nip at the heels of

General
Electric until they finally clean up the mess they've made of the Hudson
River. Same liberals who got all over Hooker Chemical/Occidental for their
little adventure at Love Canal. Damn hippies.

Actually I am for cleaning up the enviromental mess. And coal is one of the
major mess makers. A lot more than Nuclear. And as to the Love Canal
disaster, was not Hooker Chemicals fault that the housing development was
built on the toxic waste dump. Was the local politicians. They got the
land from Hooker, with the knowledge that it was a toxic chemical waste dump
and then they later sold the land for development. Hooker should have been
made to clean up the canal, but the local pols should have gone to jail for
selling the land for housing!

basskisser

Harry Krause wrote in message ...
basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message ink.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have been
built since.

Horse****! Big oil doesn't want nuclear energy. What group of
politicians cozy up to big oil, and their money?

The "liberal left" is dumb Bill's rationalization for everything in his
life he doesn't like.

As it becomes more and more obvious, even to the blind right wingers,
that Bush is failing miserably, Bill's rants are getting more and more
ridiculus.
Harry Krause

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message ink.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have been
built since.

Horse****! Big oil doesn't want nuclear energy. What group of
politicians cozy up to big oil, and their money?

The "liberal left" is dumb Bill's rationalization for everything in his
life he doesn't like.

As it becomes more and more obvious, even to the blind right wingers,
that Bush is failing miserably, Bill's rants are getting more and more
ridiculus.

Bush's failures do seem to be piling up. Unfortunately, people are dying
as a result.
Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Harry Krause wrote in message

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

ink.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant

construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have

been
built since.

Horse****! Big oil doesn't want nuclear energy. What group of
politicians cozy up to big oil, and their money?

The "liberal left" is dumb Bill's rationalization for everything in his
life he doesn't like.

As it becomes more and more obvious, even to the blind right wingers,
that Bush is failing miserably, Bill's rants are getting more and more
ridiculus.

And it is even more obvious you are getting stupider as time passes. Your
crops must be getting better. My complaint is with the choice of the Dem's.
Kerry? this is even worse than the Repub's choice of Dole!

Harry Krause

Calif Bill wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Harry Krause wrote in message

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

ink.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant

construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have

been
built since.

Horse****! Big oil doesn't want nuclear energy. What group of
politicians cozy up to big oil, and their money?

The "liberal left" is dumb Bill's rationalization for everything in his
life he doesn't like.

As it becomes more and more obvious, even to the blind right wingers,
that Bush is failing miserably, Bill's rants are getting more and more
ridiculus.

And it is even more obvious you are getting stupider as time passes. Your
crops must be getting better. My complaint is with the choice of the Dem's.
Kerry? this is even worse than the Repub's choice of Dole!

Perhaps you ought to run, Bill. You might capture 5% of the mentally
challenged vote.

John H

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:49:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

When driving through France, one can see a nuclear power plant around

every
curve, it seems. France has not, to my knowledge, had a nuclear incident.

Why do
we not use more nuclear power? Is it politics?

John H

Perhaps they haven't begun thinking about what to do with the waste yet.
Neither have we. Or you. I suspect you don't think about it because you
don't feel the problem will become critical until you're dead. I, on the
other hand, give a damn about the world my son and his children inherit. I'm
funny that way.

Do you sincerely feel that placing yourself on a pedestal while demeaning others
lends value to your posts, Doug?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
P.Fritz

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Harry Krause wrote in message

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

ink.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant

construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have

been
built since.

Horse****! Big oil doesn't want nuclear energy. What group of
politicians cozy up to big oil, and their money?

The "liberal left" is dumb Bill's rationalization for everything in

his
life he doesn't like.

As it becomes more and more obvious, even to the blind right wingers,
that Bush is failing miserably, Bill's rants are getting more and more
ridiculus.

And it is even more obvious you are getting stupider as time passes.

THat is for sure........lets see, taxes have been cut, the econmy is
booming, Control of Iraq will sortly be turned over to the people.....

Your
crops must be getting better. My complaint is with the choice of the

Dem's.
Kerry? this is even worse than the Repub's choice of Dole!

Both Dole and kery's stance is to vote 'against' the incumbent......a
surefire way to lose.

Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:49:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

When driving through France, one can see a nuclear power plant around

every
curve, it seems. France has not, to my knowledge, had a nuclear

incident.
Why do
we not use more nuclear power? Is it politics?

John H

Perhaps they haven't begun thinking about what to do with the waste yet.
Neither have we. Or you. I suspect you don't think about it because you
don't feel the problem will become critical until you're dead. I, on the
other hand, give a damn about the world my son and his children inherit.

I'm
funny that way.

Do you sincerely feel that placing yourself on a pedestal while demeaning

others
lends value to your posts, Doug?

John H

When you ask a silly question like "is it politics?", it sort of begs for a
slap in the face. As far back as a year ago, you explained that you
sometimes enjoy baiting the assembled masses here. By now, you may have
refined it to an art form. How do I know you didn't fall off your chair
laughing after you wrote that question?

Jeff Rigby

basskisser wrote:

Harry Krause wrote in message

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

ink.net...
Was the very liberal left who got new nuclear power plant

construction
prohibited. Look at both Japan and France for how many plants have

been
built since.

Horse****! Big oil doesn't want nuclear energy. What group of
politicians cozy up to big oil, and their money?

New Nuclear power plants haven't been built because the regulations imposed
on them make it economically a bad investment. This has been true for 20
years. Only those plants that were in constuction were finished. Most
Nuclear power plants are MORE THAN 20 YEARS OLD. Big oil, horse**** to use
your words. Most powerplants during that period didn't use oil, they used
coal.

How old are you guys? Gesh.... we are 25% Nuclear Power to France's 80%.
France supplies electricity to most of western Europe. France wanted the
Kyoto treaty so that it could have a stronger hand in Europe's future. All
the countries around it would have to cut back on their coal fired power
plants and buy energy from France at greatly increased rates. FRANCE WOULD
THEN BE in a position to control the EU.

Since we are apx. 60% dependant on fossil fuels for electricity our
industrial base would have been crippled. We would then have been a third
world country (massive unemployment, disruption of our transportation
system). Think about double your electric bill and three times your gas
bill, when you can find gas. Who would have been hit the hardest, the poor.
Who cares about the poor...Bush. All for a .5 degree rise in the global
temperature due to the last 20 years fossil fuels have been used.

The seas will not rise due to polar ice melting. It seems that the
temperature at the poles is minus 50 degrees F. To get a polar meltdown
would require a world temp increase of 82 degrees. One senator out of
Wyoming (I think) mentioned that they were having a tremendous drought
because of global warming. Turns out that his region was 2 degrees cooler
than normal and that the pattern of weather in that area was normal for a 25
year cycle.

Bush did the right thing.

I'm bringing up Kyoto because it's one of the things that the democrats use
as a talking point. Pointing out that Bush has alienated Europe by not
signing the treaty. Cutting our throat economically to make France happy is
STUPID. I'm sure that if Gore had been elected in 2000 he would have done
the same (he's not stupid even though he sometimes sounds like he is).

John H

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:36:35 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:49:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Why does the question beg a "slap in the face" from you? Are you sure I stated
an enjoyment in 'baiting the masses"? I don't recall that.

There have been several literate responses to my question. Few pedestal
climbers.