Craven

Default Old Four Winns Flooring rotten

Hi all,
Novice at boat repair but, I have a 1989 Four Winns Freedom 190 that the
flooring is rotted out. I need to know what to use to "refloor it". Teak
seems real expensive. I haven't spoken w/ a dealer yet. does anyone have
experience with this type of work. The flooring was/is covered w/ carpet so
I guess the grade of wood really isn't an issue, just resistance to rot.

Thanks in Advance,

Craven

Wayne.B

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:21:54 -0400, "Craven" wrote:
Novice at boat repair but, I have a 1989 Four Winns Freedom 190 that the
flooring is rotted out. I need to know what to use to "refloor it". Teak
seems real expensive. I haven't spoken w/ a dealer yet. does anyone have
experience with this type of work. The flooring was/is covered w/ carpet so
I guess the grade of wood really isn't an issue, just resistance to rot.

Marine plywood encapsulated with epoxy (2 coats on the end grain) will
get the job done.
1900

marine grade plywood is what i used on the last boat that i refloored

"Craven" wrote in message
Hi all,
Novice at boat repair but, I have a 1989 Four Winns Freedom 190 that the
flooring is rotted out. I need to know what to use to "refloor it". Teak
seems real expensive. I haven't spoken w/ a dealer yet. does anyone have
experience with this type of work. The flooring was/is covered w/ carpet

so
I guess the grade of wood really isn't an issue, just resistance to rot.

Thanks in Advance,

Craven

Flooring Recomendations? Scott Shirley General 8 April 7th 04 07:02 AM
Four Winns Freedom 170 Mike General 6 February 27th 04 05:17 PM
1993 Four Winns...Used boat question(s)... alincoln General 1 August 8th 03 04:40 PM
FS: Four Winns Boat (Reduced) Arn Cota General 0 July 27th 03 12:53 PM
Composite flooring on pontoon boat? Calif Bill General 3 July 1st 03 03:42 AM