Charles

Default Is this for real?

FS: 690' AIRCRAFT CARRIER

http://tinyurl.com/23l6r

-- Charlie
Jim

Yup, looks like a real aircraft carrier to me.

:^)

Charles wrote:
FS: 690' AIRCRAFT CARRIER

http://tinyurl.com/23l6r

-- Charlie

Gould 0738

Dear Mr. Yacht Broker

Please accept my offer of full price for your aircraft carrier, subject to
satisfactory discovery regarding the following issues.

1. Do you know of any affordable slips where we will be able to moor this
vessel?

2. What sort of fuel economy will we be able to expect?

3. Will this boat be suitable for a cruising couple, or will we need to
consider hiring one or two deckhands?

4. We are looking for a boat with sufficient
capacity to accomodate our nieces and nephews during summer visits. Is there
any chance this vessel sleeps as many as
ten?

4. We will most certainly want to haul the boat for survey prior to purchase.
Can you recommend a yard with a 296 strap lift or a
rather large marine railway?

Hoping for a quick reply........

Jim

Some specs at the bottom of this page:
http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/ve...istory_RN.html

2. What sort of fuel economy will we be able to expect?

Range at 25 knots is 5,900 miles. 'Oil fuel' is 3196 tons. How
many gallons is this? Either way, I would have to say it's not the
fuel economy you are accustomed to.

3. Will this boat be suitable for a cruising couple, or will we need to
consider hiring one or two deckhands?

4. We are looking for a boat with sufficient
capacity to accomodate our nieces and nephews during summer visits. Is there
any chance this vessel sleeps as many as
ten?

Crew complement: 1300. You decide. :^) Certainly it qualifies as a
live-aboard.

-Jim

Rick

Jim wrote:

Range at 25 knots is 5,900 miles. 'Oil fuel' is 3196 tons. How
many gallons is this? Either way, I would have to say it's not the
fuel economy you are accustomed to.

Depending on the quality of the fuel and its origin that would be around
900,000 gallons give or take a barrel or three.

Rick

Gould 0738

Depending on the quality of the fuel and its origin that would be around
900,000 gallons give or take a barrel or three.

Rick

Well that tears it. Over $2mm to fuel it up?

Mr. Yacht Broker, I hereby withdraw my offer.

Like a lot of potential boat buyers, I almost made the mistake of concluding I
could automatically afford to maintain and operate it if I could afford to buy
it.
(Yeah, as if I could afford to buy it).

Charles

Rick wrote:

Jim wrote:

Range at 25 knots is 5,900 miles. 'Oil fuel' is 3196 tons. How
many gallons is this? Either way, I would have to say it's not the
fuel economy you are accustomed to.

Depending on the quality of the fuel and its origin that would be around
900,000 gallons give or take a barrel or three.

Rick

I might have considered purchasing it if it was nuclear powered.

:-)

-- Charlie
otnmbrd

Rick wrote:
Jim wrote:

Range at 25 knots is 5,900 miles. 'Oil fuel' is 3196 tons. How
many gallons is this? Either way, I would have to say it's not the
fuel economy you are accustomed to.

Depending on the quality of the fuel and its origin that would be around
900,000 gallons give or take a barrel or three.

Rick

EG I make it 872,508 gallons (net @60 average), excluding the
Chief's "sleeve" oil....... close enough for the Captain, but the Mate's
bound to bitch.

Curtis CCR

Is this a British or Australian carrier?

My offer would be contingent on a satisfactory survey. And I wonder
what BOAT/US will charge me for insurance... Hey, I have taken a
Coast Guard boater safety course - do I get a discount?
Doug Kanter

Dear Mr. Gould:
One of our imaginative staff will reply to your message shortly. Meanwhile,
we forgot to mention an additional selling point on the web site. Because
the galley was designed to handle enormous quantities of food, the disposal
system is equally enormous. While touring the ship, our appraiser made a
offhand remark about the food waste systems being large enough to consume
(and grind into unrecognizable bits) a typical PWC and its operator, whole.
Please drop us a line if you'd like to know more about this.
-D