Don WA5NGP

Default adding surge brakes to boat trailer

My Kenner V186 has noticeably increased my Suburban's stopping
distance. I am considering having surge brakes added. Has anyone on
the group had this done?
Any advice? What should I expect to pay to have something like this
added?

My camper has electric brakes. I suspect that electric brakes and
salt water don't go well together but I could consider that as well.
Seems like it would be simpler to add to the trailer. No welding and
fewer holes drilled etc.

tks
Don
WA5NGP
Don White

They tell me you need the heavy axle with the square backing plate in order
to install brakes. A local guy said coupler, drums lines etc were about $
500.00 CDN.
If I get the surge brakes for salt water use, I'll go 1st class with the
surge type, stainless steel disc brakes.
This plus the heavy axle added about $ 1000.00 CDN to the price of a new
galvanized trailer.

see http://www.championtrailers.com/tech...hnical_support

MIDEMETZ

Take a look at;
http://www.championtrailers.com/tech...l#bleed_brakes

Mike
Don WA5NGP

(MIDEMETZ) wrote in message ...
Take a look at;
http://www.championtrailers.com/tech...l#bleed_brakes

Mike

I should have done a little web surfing before posting. thanks.
Looks like this is a regular request and it looks like these Champion
guys have some nice kits for the DIYer. This looks like cheap
insurance and peace of mind. A quick check makes me think that I have
the square backing plate.

tks

Don

Boat trailer brakes Don White General 7 March 29th 04 07:26 PM
Brakes on boat trailer Don White General 27 March 23rd 04 11:00 PM
Boat fell off trailer bb General 31 January 27th 04 09:22 PM