Dan Krueger

Default Opinions on best 22 ft. Bay boat

Dan,

You are asking about Bay boats and you want to know if John's Proline is good in
the chop? A Bay boat is a hybrid between a flats boat and an offshore v-hull
(best I can tell). You have to decide what kind of fishing in the Gulf you plan
to do. I was in the same spot a few years ago and I'm glad I went for the
deeper "V".

I would check the area for marinas that sell, and service, Suzukis and see what
boats they sell. They would be the best qualified to rig your new boat and they
would be able to handle all of the service (boat and motor) in the future.

Good luck!
Dan

Dan Millard wrote:

Thanks John HOw does she ride in chop? Nice and dry?

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:57:35 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:28:57 GMT, wrote:

Hi there
New to the group so let's see how I do.

I am the proud owner of a new 225hp Suzuki 4 stroke outboard (long
story) and am now researching the choices for boat to go with it. I
live in Mobile, AL and will use the boat for river and bay boating
with the occasional fishing trip to the Gulf of Mexico, but probably
not WWOT.

I had a 1988 Grady White 20' but the transom rotted out on it (go
figure) I was happy with that boat but it was very rough riding in
anything more than a light chop.

I am looking at a Sailfish 218. Nice looking boat with lots of
pluses. Anyone have any experience with this boat or recommendations
on other choices.

Thx!

I love my Proline 21'er. I think they're a little cheaper than the Grady's.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Dan Millard

Good advice Dan. There are so many makes out there it is hard to
choose.

wrote:

[...]

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM