Bob La Londe

Default 1990 50 HP - Water in one cylinder

I was fishing a tournament out of my little boat yesterday. I have a 1990
50HP Force model 507F90C on that boat. It suddenly started running crappy. I
pulled it off the main river and pulled the cowling. I pulled both spark
plugs to see what the condition was. The upper plug looked perfect, but the
lower one was pretty clean except for some grey milky oil. Looks like water
mixed in oil to me. I didn't have any choice, so I ran it back up river to
the marina where I launched from. It ran on one cylinder all the way.

I just checked compression on it this morning. I got 152 PSI on the top
cylinder, and about 90 on the lower cylinder. I poured some two stroke oil
in the lower cylinder to help lubricate the cylinder and see if the rings
were bad. Even with a couple ounces of oil in the cylinder it still only
read 90 PSI.

I am guessing head gasket blown through to the water jacket. Pretty simple
fix. Is there anything else I should look for

--
Public Fishing & Boating Forums
Fishing & Boating Link Index

Blown head gasket or what...? Proxy General 14 May 13th 04 02:46 AM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Alchohol stoves Parallax General 18 October 15th 03 06:37 PM
Hooking up flush muffs...no water coming out of discharge (outboard) GeorgeR General 3 October 13th 03 02:24 AM