Harry Krause

Default Ronald Reagan

NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

NOYB wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
e.com...

"Joe" wrote in message

. ..

"basskisser" wrote in message
gle.com...

"NOYB" wrote in message

God bless you President Reagan. Thank you for your service to our

country.

Lemming.

Poor Kevin Noble, his brain riddled with FAS.

Hey, JoeTechnician, I'll be in Florida in two weeks. Care to get
together for a beer? I'll be in Masaryktown, near Brookesville.

Masaryktown? Yup. Seems like your kind of place.

Masaryktown compared to Florida state average:
a.. Median house value below state average.
b.. Median age significantly above state average.
c.. Renting percentage below state average.
d.. Number of college students below state average.
e.. Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher
significantly below state average.

I'd be wary if I were you. Your part of Florida, while affluent, is not
the kind of place I'd choose to live.

Uh-oh. It doesn't land on harry's approval list?

No major league hospitals,

The Cleveland Clinic in Naples is only open for about 3 or 4 years. Give it
time. We just had a Bascomb Palmer Eye Institute open as well.

Thanks, I'll stick with the first-class teaching hospitals in my metro
area.

universities,

No, it's not a university town...yet. The founder of Domino's Pizza has
donated a quarter of a billion dollars to build the "Notre Dame of the
South" just 15 miles East of where I live. We'll have to see where it
stands academically in about 15 years from now.

On the side of right-wing extremism, just like the founder of Domino's

http://members.aol.com/kq4ym/avemaria.html

orchestras,

Naples Philharmonic Orchestra

http://www.thephil.org/index2.html

Regional orchestras can be fun.

museums, and all that goes with them.

Neither does your "town". Museums are found in large cities...which Naples
is not.

I live in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore, MD area...and am about 40
miles from each. i am in downtown DC three days a week. Some of the best
museums in the world are in my metro area.

Not even
any great historical significance.

Not sure how that matters?

Yeah, well...that sorta figures.
John Smith

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I'd be wary if I were you. Your part of Florida, while affluent, is not
the kind of place I'd choose to live. No major league hospitals,
universities, orchestras, museums, and all that goes with them. Not even
any great historical significance.

Why do you think he cares if you wanted to live in his area?

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

No, it's not a university town...yet. The founder of Domino's Pizza has
donated a quarter of a billion dollars to build the "Notre Dame of the
South" just 15 miles East of where I live. We'll have to see where it
stands academically in about 15 years from now.

On the side of right-wing extremism, just like the founder of Domino's

Isn't that the knucklehead who lets just about every civic group or
commercial promoter in his company's home town use the company's land for
gatherings, but refused to allow the Lilith (womens' music) festival to rent
the space because it might attract (whispering) lesbians? What a brilliant
PR move!

It's W.A.S.P. pizza, anyway. Nobody in their right mind likes it.

Harry Krause

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

No, it's not a university town...yet. The founder of Domino's Pizza has
donated a quarter of a billion dollars to build the "Notre Dame of the
South" just 15 miles East of where I live. We'll have to see where it
stands academically in about 15 years from now.

On the side of right-wing extremism, just like the founder of Domino's

Isn't that the knucklehead who lets just about every civic group or
commercial promoter in his company's home town use the company's land for
gatherings, but refused to allow the Lilith (womens' music) festival to rent
the space because it might attract (whispering) lesbians? What a brilliant
PR move!

It's W.A.S.P. pizza, anyway. Nobody in their right mind likes it.

It is indeed garbage pizza, especially for a fellow like me who was born
in and grew up in New Haven, Connecticut, home of Pepe's Pizza,
considered by most who know as the very best pizza in the world.

NOYB

"John Smith" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I'd be wary if I were you. Your part of Florida, while affluent, is not
the kind of place I'd choose to live. No major league hospitals,
universities, orchestras, museums, and all that goes with them. Not even
any great historical significance.

Why do you think he cares if you wanted to live in his area?

It's actually a better place because he and his ilk don't live here. He can
go to the other coast where he'd be more welcome.

NOYB

"John Smith" wrote in message
LOL, everyone knows the best pizza is in New York City.

Agreed. Connecticut? LOL. That *is* pretty funny, Harry.

Doug Kanter wrote:

[...]

Jack Nichols

I didn't know he had a boat on the ranch

http://www.geocities.com/re_justice4all/cia.htm
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

"John Smith" wrote in message

LOL, everyone knows the best pizza is in New York City.

Agreed. Connecticut? LOL. That *is* pretty funny, Harry.

Nope. New Haven and Pepe's is The Source of pizza and is known around
the world for being the best. Here's one little article:

New Haven: the birthplace of American pizza
By Matt Wiegle

On July 9, 1988, two stories dominated the front page of the New Haven
Register: first, Oliver North was going on trial for his role in the
Iran-Contra scandal; second, Sally's Pizza on Wooster Street was
celebrating its 50th anniversary. Since then, North has sunk into
relative obscurity, having attempted in vain to gain office in the very
government he tried to subvert. However, Sally's and its slightly older
neighbor Pepe's remain positive icons by continuing their roles as the
progenitors of American pizza and by having nothing whatsoever to do
with foreign policy.

In the early years of the 20th century (the Pizza Legend goes) Frank
Pepe immigrated to New Haven, where he created the first American pizza
by putting tomatoes on top of old bake-shop bread. His creation was so
successful that in 1925 Pepe opened his first pizzeria on Wooster
Street. By 1938, business was booming, the whole family was involved,
and Pepe's nephew Sal Consiglio split off and opened his own pizzeria,
Sally's. Soon, Pepe had moved out of his original store, now called The
Spot, and opened a larger restaurant. Sally's and Pepe's remain locked
in their Wooster Street rivalry today, two blocks apart.

The pizza from both establishments is refreshingly thin and light. While
chains like Pizza Hut have become increasingly obsessed with using
cheese as stomach ballast, packing as much as possible into their pies,
Sally's and Pepe's wisely demur. Pepe's pies look exactly like good
oven-cooked pizza should: cheese sitting on top of but not dominating
the sauce, with a flour-dusted crust framing the affair. They're as
delicious as they look. Pizza from Sally's is even better. Arriving at
the table in shapes that make equal distribution between dinner party
members difficult, these pies have almost no visible crust—the toppings
go to the edge. Their sauce is tangier than Pepe's and the slices are
softer. It's a joy just to hold one and fold it in half. Even the mouth
burns from a Sally's pizza taste good.

A charming sense of tradition inhabits Sally's as well as Pepe's.
Sally's, for example, is furnished with brownish-yellow booths that set
off its brownish-yellow walls, which makes everything inside look a bit
like an old sepia-tone photograph. The Spot is adorned with old photos
of Frank Pepe in a service uniform and in a chef's hat, posing in front
of vast shelves of tomato sauce. He wears the same bemused yet glum
expression in each picture, which suggests something of the guy's
attitude toward either life in general, or the army and pizza-making in
particular.

Wooster Street is a beautiful area that does New Haven proud, but the
section that Yale students have to walk through to get there does not.
Closer to home, there's Naples Pizza; if its tradition of pizza-making
is not as rock-solid, its tradition of serving it within a more
reasonable walking distance is. Cheap slices provide a good way for
friends to pass an evening: talk, order a slice, talk, eat, talk, order
a slice. There's a big TV, there's beer, and if Naples can't muster a
defining personality, at least many personalities have left their mark.
Naples' tables are filled with carved messages of all kinds, from the
initials of couples who have probably since broken up to the scribbled
names of sports teams who now suck. Some of the carvings are so deep
that they may have taken decades to complete.

Modern Apizza is another excellent pizza place; although removed from
both the Wooster Street area and central campus, it features glorious
Sally's-esque pies that have won the New Haven Advocate Reader's Poll
for two years running. Although the great food still means Modern is
crowded at peak hours, it's much easier to get into than either of the
Wooster twins.

While each of these places offers its proud traditions, XandO on Elm
Street offers the tradition of stealing the other guy's idea and
creating a corporate version. The chain coffee shop recently refashioned
itself as a "coffeehouse and pizzeria," hiring a chef away from Pepe's
to create its own brand of New Haven pizza. While it's good, XandO
itself still feels like the set of a bad sitcom and looks uninhabitable.

When Sal Consiglio died, 2,000 people attended his wake and The New York
Times ran a half-page "In Memoriam"; if XandO's guy bit the dust, the
only turnout would be his hyena-like spawn, scrabbling over his corpse
in an effort to get to the will. You can make the food, but you can't
copy the love. Go to Wooster and feel some.

Photo of a Pepe's pie by John Yi.

Havens for pie lovers
Modern
founded 1934