Black-n-Gold

Default question on golden rod and dehumidifer

I just found these two, both west marine products, in the boat I bought
earlier this summer. My question is do you use these throughout the year or
are they designed for a winterization type of storage?

*JimH*

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
I just found these two, both west marine products, in the boat I bought
earlier this summer. My question is do you use these throughout the year
or are they designed for a winterization type of storage?

A link or 2 would help better define "these"

Black-n-Gold

Here you go. thanks

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...001/380/379/12

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=21504

I've heard varying opinions on whether or not to keep plugged in year round.

linus

*JimH*

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
Here you go. thanks

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...001/380/379/12

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=21504

I've heard varying opinions on whether or not to keep plugged in year
round.

linus

Leaving anything 100v plugged in over the winter is a fire hazard.

What are your humidity concerns that could not be addressed with a couple of
bags of damp rid and some kitty litter in the cabin?

Make sure that you have adequate ventilation with your winter cover,
especially if you shrink wrap. Also make sure to provide some air space
under all your cushions/mattresses and prop your fridge and cabinet doors
open.

*JimH*

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
Here you go. thanks

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...001/380/379/12

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=21504

I've heard varying opinions on whether or not to keep plugged in year
round.

linus

Leaving anything 110v plugged in over the winter is a fire hazard.

What are your humidity concerns that could not be addressed with a couple
of bags of damp rid and some kitty litter in the cabin?

Make sure that you have adequate ventilation with your winter cover,
especially if you shrink wrap. Also make sure to provide some air space
under all your cushions/mattresses and prop your fridge and cabinet doors
open.

edit 110v

Black-n-Gold

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
Here you go. thanks

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...001/380/379/12

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=21504

I've heard varying opinions on whether or not to keep plugged in year
round.

linus

Leaving anything 110v plugged in over the winter is a fire hazard.

What are your humidity concerns that could not be addressed with a couple
of bags of damp rid and some kitty litter in the cabin?

Make sure that you have adequate ventilation with your winter cover,
especially if you shrink wrap. Also make sure to provide some air space
under all your cushions/mattresses and prop your fridge and cabinet doors
open.

edit 110v

thanks Jim, that was my concern. Kitty litter is a new one for me. On my
old boat I would take the cusions and such out and keep in the garage